User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dougieonline
(newbie) Sun 29-Mar-15 10:51:22
Print Post

VMN to TT, is it a rip off

[link to this post]

Just had an email from TT about taking over my Virgin Media National account. They want £18.50 for the broadband and anytime calls, TalkTalk Plus broadband and phone package. Now, when I go online, the broadband costs £3.50 and the anytime calls cost £7.50 for a total of £11.00. Where is the othe £7.50 going ?.

They are strangely offering the Plus TV and Broadband account for £9.25 a month for 12 months then £18.50 after this. But in the offer above I do not get anything other than the calls and broadband.

All very confusing. I suppose I will have to ring them up }:^{ and see what they say.

I think it all boils down to whether I want to start another 18 months contract with TT or go for a 12 month one elsewhere.

DougieL
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 29-Mar-15 13:29:07
Print Post

Re: VMN to TT, is it a rip off

[re: dougieonline] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dougieonline:
Now, when I go online, the broadband costs £3.50 and the anytime calls cost £7.50 for a total of £11.00. Where is the othe £7.50 going ?.

You need to add in £16.70 line rental. So unlimited broadband + anytime calls + line rental = £27.70 per month.

Oliver.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 29-Mar-15 13:42:20
Print Post

Actually, I see you excluded line rental in both prices.

The £18.50 price includes TalkTalk TV with a Youview+ box. The £11 price does not include TV.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Sun 29-Mar-15 14:00:19)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 29-Mar-15 16:10:07
Print Post

The contract is the key, i.e. best offers only come to those who are willing to be in contract. The take over of the national account should not have meant an extended contract.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Sun 29-Mar-15 17:08:49
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Oliver, the total they are asking me to pay is £35.20p. And thats without the TV, just broadbaand and anytime calls.

Or I can choose the Plus TV, broadband and anytime calls for the same sum after the half price offer ends. So I would save £9.25p for 12 months.

Its all a bit confusing to me. Why not just offer the base service and then push me towards the more expensive ones. At the moment Im looking at the first offer as a put of.

DougieL
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 29-Mar-15 22:07:33
Print Post

Yeah, it would appear that going for a TalkTalk product on the website will work out better for you than taking their transition offer. If you don't want TV, you can simply order SimplyBroadband with anytime calls added on.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Sun 29-Mar-15 22:11:24)

Standard User flippery
(committed) Mon 30-Mar-15 09:03:34
Print Post

Has your exchange a TalkTalk LLU box? If not I would not transfer at all.
TT are hoping customers will transfer like lemmings without looking at options, it seems.
(newbie) Mon 30-Mar-15 11:10:16
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

Yes, local exchange is TT LLU enabled. I am getting slightly faster speeds since I was put onto the TT network.

The other thing that annoys me is the line charge. At least BT give free weekend calls with the line rental but TT dont. It has to be payed for extra.

Now looking at Fuel broadband and phone. Even they give free weekend calls and they seem to use TT as their network ?.

DougieL
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Mon 30-Mar-15 11:55:45
Print Post

If you willing to join a new provider with a new contract then why not just contact plusnet and get the previously mentioned Simply Broadband and an Unlimited calls add on..

Also I wouldn't recommend Fuel Broadband or Primus in its past life, But then TalkTalk isn't great either so probably going to end up shooting yourself in the foot either way.

Plusnet Unlimited 21CN 4200/800 @ 4.2Km > TP-Link TD-W8968v3 - BQM IPv4
Plusnet Fibre Extra 66000/20000 @ 450m > HG612 (Unlocked) > Linksys LRT224 - BQM IPv4
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 30-Mar-15 12:43:04
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
Also I wouldn't recommend Fuel Broadband or Primus in its past life, But then TalkTalk isn't great either so probably going to end up shooting yourself in the foot either way.

TalkTalk has been fine for me, and presumably the majority of the 4.2 million other customers.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Mon 30-Mar-15 12:43:27)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to