User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User melb
(newbie) Sun 03-May-15 08:31:47
Print Post

Nuisance Call after Nuisance Call after.... from TalkTalk

[link to this post]

I ticked 'No Calls' on the MyAccount Marketing Preferences when I signed up with TalkTalk nearly two months ago. This doesn't stop TatkTalk pestering you with sales calls every other day. And they are from different numbers 01162421547 and 01612448122 so its difficult to block the calls - TalkTalks's intention of course.

They say wait 28 days and calls will stop. They don't, and I didn't want them in the first place.

Never ever will I try to save a few pennies again. I'll definitely leave this aggressive load of cowboys when the contract is up..

Mel
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 03-May-15 14:15:21
Print Post

Re: Nuisance Call after Nuisance Call after.... from TalkTal

[re: melb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by melb:
Never ever will I try to save a few pennies again. I'll definitely leave this aggressive load of cowboys when the contract is up..

Mel

TalkTalk have price rises from June 1st, you should shortly(within May) get an e-mail notifying you that prices are going up and giving you a 30 day window to terminate your contract penalty free(you need to notify them as well). I got my price rise e-mail today and have already started migration to a new ISP.
Standard User bicbasher
(newbie) Sat 16-May-15 21:54:53
Print Post

I had a similar issue. I managed to get these calls from TT stopped by leaving a message on TT's own members community forum where the OCE's who work for TalkTalk can take you off the marketing llst all together.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Sun 17-May-15 01:22:54
Print Post

Interesting...

Never had a nuisance call from TT despite being with them for some time. Get countless others though, usually four to five a day.

Our general practice nowadays is to 'screen'' all calls using caller recognition and if unknown see if they will 'talk' to the answering machine.

Registered with TPS but they seem useless.
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 17-May-15 02:31:30
Print Post

[re: Kaoshan] [link to this post]

TPS does not cover calls from organisations with whom you have established a relationship, for example as a customer.

Standard User 69bertie
(newbie) Sun 17-May-15 09:15:33
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

Indeed. This subject came up on a BBC program only yesterday. It seems that once you have ticked the boxes on any website that says 3rd parties (even by mistake), you really are opening a can of worms. Do you know who these 3rd parties are?

Strange to say though, I never get these calls to my mobile or on the land line. Simply because I never give out the land line number to companies. Currently I run an app on the mobile that prescreens calls and if it isn't in my list, it don't get through. No number calls are ignored / blocked by default. Ruthless? Certainly.

Same like I have multiple email addresses. Companies get my hotmail account with it's default as exclusive. Not on my mailing list.... junked.

But it really would be nice to be able to block calls easily.

And if you get spam texts.... the following will help in reporting them to your network provider
To report a spam text forward the text to 7726.

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/phone/tackling-nuisanc... to complain
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sun 17-May-15 09:43:43
Print Post

[re: 69bertie] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 69bertie:
To report a spam text forward the text to 7726.
Which is SPAM on the keypad smile Doesn't work for all mobile providers though, e.g. Vodafone.
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 17-May-15 10:28:43
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

The number to report SMS spam on Vodafone is 87726.

Standard User Sylcol
(member) Sun 17-May-15 10:58:52
Print Post

I am not with TT at the moment but to be fair to them, during the years they were my ISP I never had any such calls from them.
Standard User burble
(learned) Sun 17-May-15 11:08:48
Print Post

Have been a TalkTalk customer since they took over Tiscali.
Last year we started receiving calls from them, used their own system to report these as nuisance calls, got a reply that they couldn't log these as such but they would enter us as not to receive the calls and that this would take 28 days, they stopped immediately.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to