User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User adsluser77
(newbie) Thu 21-May-15 04:24:09
Print Post

What is Support Phone Number

[link to this post]

My talk talk business line went down 30mins ago.
The error seems to be that the ADSL no longer syncs at all, just saying READY and SNR/Line Atten of 0.

Phone line works fine and no noise.
About to do a test in master socket.

I am using another internet connection and talk talk business website seems to also not work/ some parts very slow, others dont work, other websites work fine.

I do not seem to have a note of the suppport phone number for business customers.

Would someone kindly post it here, thanks.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 21-May-15 04:30:17
Print Post

Re: What is Support Phone Number

[re: adsluser77] [link to this post]

Apparently -

Small business
Phone Line: 24/7. Broadband: 7 days a week 8:00am till 8:00pm
0800 083 3003

Large business
Phone Line: 24/7. Broadband: 7 days a week 8:00am till 8:00pm
0800 298 6725

https://myaccount.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/technical-s...

Edited by Spud2003 (Thu 21-May-15 04:31:53)

Standard User MPDMike1
(newbie) Thu 21-May-15 22:23:44
Print Post

[re: adsluser77] [link to this post]

I have had no access to my TalkTalk Business account, or to my email account, for about 12 hours now. It is very annoying that there was no notice given to me that this would happen today. OK, perhaps if I should had checked the advance maintenance notices I might have seen that there would be some major operation going on today, but why should I have to check this every day when I pay for a 24 hour service? TalkTalk should send us a message that the service will be down for hours and hours - this is not some minor 10 minute loss of service!

I often lose my Internet or email account at various times in the night, when perhaps TalkTalk do not think their customers are using these services. If TalkTalk Business is serious, that this is really a business quality operation, then they should offer the service that business customers expect. Otherwise we will assume that this is just another Mickey Mouse outfit.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MPDMike1
(newbie) Thu 21-May-15 22:38:38
Print Post

[re: MPDMike1] [link to this post]

So I wonder if us customers are going to receive compensation for the loss of service today, or do we just take it on the chin?
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 21-May-15 22:48:42
Print Post

[re: MPDMike1] [link to this post]

I suspect you will find that if you check your contact, you have no service level agreement that makes a premise of a certain level of uptime and therefore no right to compensation for an outage.

SLAs are typically only available with expensive dedicated corrections such as leased lines. "Business" broadband almost always has better Openreach time to repair for line faults than a residential line, as well as enhanced customer service, but that's about it.

If internet connectivity is business critical, you should always have a backup connection, ideally with as little as possible in common with your main connection. For emergency use, mobile broadband might be suitable.

Standard User adsluser77
(newbie) Sat 23-May-15 22:48:38
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

Thanks for the support numbers.

I called support first thing that morning, they did a line test and say my lines ok, suprisingly!

3 days later still not working, tried directly into test socket of the master socket with several filters, cables and different routers.

ADSL status on routers show as training, handshaking or ready with all SNR, line noise, up/down values as zero.

BT Engineer coming next week.
  Print Thread

Jump to