User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mr_flibbles_twin
(committed) Tue 07-Jul-15 20:34:54
Print Post

Impressed

[link to this post]

Took talk talk as a second line and combine broadband with my existing provider through a load balancing router. Bit of a cock up with the install but not really their fault. A visit from open reach and second drop wire sorted that.

Download speeds are fine and as broadband is free for 18 months I just have the line rental. They had a free install offer so I thought why not!

Going to move my aaisp connection to sse. 2 years free with line.

Taking my spend from £50 to around £40 a month. (Was 59.50 with BT last year)

I will really miss aaisp but 100 gig was running out with streaming content. And I will now have 2 lines using different drop wires and different dslams at the exchange so should have some redundancy.

So goodbye aaisp. I will miss you and may regret moving on but you're just out of my league now the kids are older and devouring the Internet.

Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 07-Jul-15 23:13:28
Print Post

Re: Impressed

[re: mr_flibbles_twin] [link to this post]

AAISP->SSE? SSE don't really have a track record, why would you go from an ISP with probably some of the best service to an unknown quantity?
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 07-Jul-15 23:36:18
Print Post

[re: mr_flibbles_twin] [link to this post]

Calls and line charges with SSE will show you there is no such thing as a free lunch. Nobody can give free Broadband without loading elsewhere.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mr_flibbles_twin
(committed) Wed 08-Jul-15 01:14:18
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

Hi spud. In short cash.

I love aaisp. They are brilliant but with fixed download limits an extra £10 to top up each month on top of £25 is not viable. If their product was unlimited I would not move. But no pay rise in 5 years and two children in childcare means something's gotta give. It's been the last thing to go but I was starting to pay £35 a month because usage was going up. Kids are older and so more Netflix use.

The phone service is fine from sse and the talk talk line's broadband works really well. So adding sse and load balancing should be ok even if the sse line will be slower due to adsl max being the only BT option on our exchange. I get aaisp via ttb. I use a tp link load balancing router which works really well.

We just surf and stream TV. No heavy downloading just family Internet use. Which the talk talk line manages with no problems, no slow downs or buffering.

Aaisp are top notch but also top price.

Print Thread

Jump to