User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User fozzie55
(learned) Fri 10-Jul-15 20:34:48
Print Post

Migrating from AOL to TalkTalk - Nightmare!

[link to this post]

Nightmare trying to upgrade my parents in-law, 15 years with AOL with TalkTalk which AOL Broadband is now labelled, thought it would be easy, same Company and all.
Ordered on Monday, no correspondence or emails since. They switched something straightaway as router connected but redirects to a holding page 'Welcome to TalkTalk' but no access as no user ID or password. Several hours on the phone, every day, 2 complaints, 1 apology letter supposed to be coming.
My elderly In-Laws now have no internet and an activation date of 20th July (never mentioned by sales team on Monday, thought it would be a straight swap) They live in a remote village in Norfolk, aren't techy, I live 300 miles away, was hoping to set it up while staying for a week. I am home now and god knows how they will set it up. My second complaint today, full of apologies and said an engineer would go round on the day. The last tech guy they transferred me too said no engineer booked. I go through the same story every time I speak to someone.
My In-Laws are confused, I am embarrassed because I have left them with no internet. No disrespect to Indian Call Centres but they are just going through scripts.
I wish I hadn't bothered, but, AOL have been charging an elderly couple £17 a month for years for a £2.50 a month (with same Company, TalkTalk) service with a [censored] old virus laden router!!
Standard User blueboy
(member) Sat 11-Jul-15 01:15:56
Print Post

Re: Migrating from AOL to TalkTalk - Nightmare!

[re: fozzie55] [link to this post]

As someone who is with talktalk, post on their forums, it may take a few days for them to reply but sorry to say that is probably your best option, as you state their call center is a waste of time. (if you havent posted on their forums just do one post and do not bump it as they work from the oldest posted.

I to had problems with them when I went from tt adsl to fibre , I was lucky as I was only without internet for 8 days, there have been quite a lot that have been without fiber for a number of weeks, only a few weeks back.

Good luck. (they do not work on the weekends usually)

BB

BlueBoy was here heheh
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 11-Jul-15 04:16:04
Print Post

You should get s new router from talktalk and that will set itself up

Is the phone moving from ? To Talktalk?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fozzie55
(learned) Sat 11-Jul-15 09:46:46
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes I was told the router sets itself up, its just the wifi they may have trouble connecting. Their is a computer chap in the next village I will get to go round and sort it for them.
Yes they are moving the phone to TalkTalk, we didn't want to do that but sales insisted its cheaper and if a fault it's all handled by TalkTalk, but I suspect it is still BT to mess with faults at pole or exchange level.
I would have cancelled if it was me, but they don't want even more hassle and change. It is so annoying that the router is showing a connection and broadband is there, it's just you get a TalkTalk holding page until the required userID and password is entered which we can't get.
Standard User Brunel
(experienced) Sat 11-Jul-15 10:07:16
Print Post

The TT router is set up ready...or should be.

In reality a username and password is not required, as authentication is based on the telephone line used.

I suspect there is some complication with the actual line set up.
Standard User fozzie55
(learned) Sat 11-Jul-15 10:46:12
Print Post

[re: Brunel] [link to this post]

Yes you are probably right, it's just the fact they have switched something as the existing AOL Broadband doesn't work which it should up until the activation date.
Standard User Brunel
(experienced) Sat 11-Jul-15 10:50:53
Print Post

It appears that there is a continuing problem in migrating AOL users to TT.
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Sat 11-Jul-15 12:14:01
Print Post

TT does not use a userid/password. Your telephone number provides authentication.
Standard User fozzie55
(learned) Mon 13-Jul-15 08:47:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by Brunel:
It appears that there is a continuing problem in migrating AOL users to TT.

and I thought with AOL being taken over by TalkTalk and the statement "your AOL broadband is now TalkTalk broadband" would have made it simpler!
Standard User fozzie55
(learned) Mon 13-Jul-15 19:22:59
Print Post

[re: blueboy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by blueboy:
As someone who is with talktalk, post on their forums, it may take a few days for them to reply but sorry to say that is probably your best option, as you state their call center is a waste of time. (if you havent posted on their forums just do one post and do not bump it as they work from the oldest posted.

I to had problems with them when I went from tt adsl to fibre , I was lucky as I was only without internet for 8 days, there have been quite a lot that have been without fiber for a number of weeks, only a few weeks back.

Good luck. (they do not work on the weekends usually)

BB

Thanks, I've posted on the official forums, I got a message last week to say they will look into it then nothing.

I think they hope you will go away. If it was my order I would just cancel but in-laws just want it sorting without hassle. It is amazing how they can't handle internal stuff, they are one and the same Company!

Edited by fozzie55 (Mon 13-Jul-15 19:24:03)

Print Thread

Jump to