User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User robmar0se
(regular) Sun 02-Aug-15 17:32:55
Print Post

Talk talk system outage - poor support and comms

[link to this post]

I noticed on Thursday 30th July that we could not get any internet access from Talk Talk.

I called a local friend who was fully operational via another supplier, and noted that Talk Talk had confirmed a major outage. In fact when I went back the next morning it was working albeit at snails pace - the message said that the outage was from approx 15:30 to 19:30 - that's a considerable understatement as at midnight it was still down.

The next day we did have access as I say at snails pace, it was taking 6 minutes to populate the small webmail inbox, emails sent on Friday from my sent box never arrived, and others sent to me also didn't arrive.

We had also been suffering email issues and slow speed for several days before the total outage. Information provided by TT support was inaccurate and incomplete.

We need to depend on our ISP, we feel at present we cant trust TT, so will be looking to move on.
Standard User Myth
(committed) Mon 03-Aug-15 04:22:57
Print Post

Re: Talk talk system outage - poor support and comms

[re: robmar0se] [link to this post]

Have you checked what speed the modem is connecting to the exchange (not something that TalkTalk are on the hook for)?

Have you told TalkTalk about the slow speed issue?

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!
Standard User robmar0se
(regular) Mon 03-Aug-15 08:30:07
Print Post

[re: Myth] [link to this post]

If you were to read the TalkTalk service availability report you would realise that your first comment is irrelevant....

Quote from Talk Talk

30/07/2015 16:49 - 30/07/2015 19:33 - Broadband status Telephone status P1 - MyAccount, Sales, TalkTalk website and Service Centre is currently experiencing an outage.

The answer to yr second comment yes we did.....our view is the problems we faced prior to the outage probably were part of the overall problem - TalkTalk support really did not know what was happening. Whether they purposely took down the system due to the issues faced before is unknown, but then as I said the info they provided was incomplete and inaccurate.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Aug-15 12:01:35
Print Post

If internet access is SO important you need to pay a load of money for a company that will give a decent SLA.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User Myth
(committed) Mon 03-Aug-15 12:54:18
Print Post

hi, you said you had no internet access and then you later had access at a snails pace. You then went on to talk about webmail but from the order of your post it sounded like your internet access was at a snails pace ie all services.

If you just meant the TT webmail was being an issue then I can see our misunderstanding. However, if all services were affected then I would still say check the connection stats because if these are low nothing else will improve until that is addressed

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!
  Print Thread

Jump to