User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 06-Aug-15 20:20:31
Print Post

Half price mover

[link to this post]

So I've just jumped ship from bt, service go's live on the 21st smile

Took up the half price 80mb deal, am currently paying £27 ish for the same package at bt, have I made a wise choice?

I know people normally only go to forums to complain so it would be nice to hear some positives for a change smile
Standard User sills
(regular) Fri 07-Aug-15 13:14:06
Print Post

Re: Half price mover

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

I jumped from Plusnet a few weeks ago. The router and you view boxes arrived in time, the service went live on the day they said, and speed tests are slightly higher than they were with Plusnet. No complaints from me smile

Plusnet however managed to cancel my direct debit before they took my final payment, so they had to chase me to pay it by card.
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 09-Aug-15 11:30:46
Print Post

[re: sills] [link to this post]

Hmmm pleased to have one positive user but doesn't bode well seeing as that's it blush

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User microtan
(newbie) Sun 09-Aug-15 11:45:16
Print Post

[re: sills] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sills:
Plusnet however managed to cancel my direct debit before they took my final payment, so they had to chase me to pay it by card.

Same thing happened here.

PlusNet have an on-line payment system but only available if you can log on to your account. Plusnet in their wisdom had cancelled my account!!!! (and email account)

I even tried setting up a new direct debit but Plusnet would not accept it as I was no longer their customer.

After Plusnet's debt collection agents threatened court action for £28 I had to set up a debit card to pay them.

I have better things to do than jump through the Plusnet billing system which in my experience was absolutely abysmal!!!!

I am 100% recycled material of which 90% are microbes. I am therefore never alone.
Standard User sills
(regular) Sun 09-Aug-15 12:32:44
Print Post

This TalkTalk forum is quiet anyway, and most people will only post if they have something to complain about. I know one of my colleagues at work is with TT and has no problems.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Aug-15 18:02:15
Print Post

All good so far for me. smile
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 09-Aug-15 20:56:30
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Glad to hear it!!
Standard User Myth
(committed) Mon 10-Aug-15 08:28:28
Print Post

there's no issue with the internet connection, but it is possible to experience slowdowns on the backhaul from exchange to TalkTalk depending on various factors.

Have been on the 40mbit/2mbit service for 2 years and rarely see any problems, but as fibre uptake increases and those people stream more video there may be points in time where the current fibres are overloaded and new ones have not yet been commissioned/rented or whatever they do

YMMV

In theory, theory and practice are identical.....in practice they aren't!
Standard User Sylcol
(member) Wed 12-Aug-15 16:29:12
Print Post

I was with TT for three years only switched to BT because TT could not supply fibre in my area as yet.
TT had some problems with their email but I think that may be o.k. now.
Their foreign phone support is poor but their online forum is monitored by staff and was very good but not instant!
BT foreign support is worse that TT and their forum is rubbish compared to TT.
I may well return to TT if it becomes available.
Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 23-Aug-15 22:31:45
Print Post

[re: Sylcol] [link to this post]

So it's been live since around 5pm Friday and all is well other than around 17hrs downtime whilst changing over frown

Same connection and download speeds as before but with a ping of 12 compared to a ping of 30 I'm a happy bunny!!
  Print Thread

Jump to