User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User preecy
(newbie) Tue 08-Sep-15 11:30:55
Print Post

Moving house and want fibre

[link to this post]

We currently have the TalkTalk Plus package (basic tv, all day telephone calls and unlimited broadband). We have been with TalkTalk for a few years and our bill comes out at just over £40 a month for the above.

We're moving house next month and the area we are moving into has fibre. We would like to go with TalkTalk's unlimited fibre, all day telephone and basic tv package. I managed to speak with someone at TalkTalk about the move and enquired about their current deals which is considerably cheaper than what TalkTalk want to bill us. If I cancel my current package and start a new one once at the new address would I be eligible for their new customer deals? If not which other provider, Sky, BT, PlusNet, etc offer a good unlimited fibre & telephone and basic tv deal?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 08-Sep-15 12:13:54
Print Post

Re: Moving house and want fibre

[re: preecy] [link to this post]

On the what you will be eligible that will depend on how much TalkTalk value your custom, different people get different deals, it is normal in a home move to move people based on their current contract.

Of course nothing stopping you ceasing the service when you move out, and applying under a new name and bank account at the next address.

For basic TV, BT TV and Infinity 1 which is £10 per month for 12 months, or there are more channels in the Entertainment Plus for £17.50 per month (http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/bt/package/1351.html)

A lot hinges on what you want from the TV side, e.g. TalkTalk can offer some Sky channels. or you can get your own FreeView PVR and then add a Chromecast or NOW TV box for on demand stuff.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User preecy
(newbie) Tue 08-Sep-15 13:43:42
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Good point, I may just tell TalkTalk I will take my business elsewhere and see if they offer to give me the current deal for new customers once I move. In terms of what I want... unlimited fibre (preferably 75mbit), unlimited phone and a basic tv package, ie: YouView box or something similar but none of the additional channels.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 08-Sep-15 16:51:38
Print Post

[re: preecy] [link to this post]

Really a choice between TalkTalk and BT.

Infinity 2 tends to have less price offers so is usually £30 per month, so TalkTalk Fibre Large does undercut it by some margin (£22.50 per month)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to