User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User colino_green
(learned) Sat 12-Sep-15 11:25:26
Print Post

Service start date of 11/9/15 not fullfilled

[link to this post]

I got a letter saying that my Talk Talk start date was due to be 11/9/2015. This has not happened and I appear still to be connected to BT broadband.

Tried to go on the TalkTalk website and was shocked to find that you cannot email Talk Talk support! Had to spend money phoning Talk Talk support (some offshore support team by the sound of things) instead who say there is a problem at the BT Openreach end.

This is not a good start to say the least. Are there any Talk Talk reps on this board who can investigate what is going on here. This is a really bad start! frown

Colino Green

Services: Zen 8000 Lite
Standard User Kaoshan
(committed) Sat 12-Sep-15 11:43:00
Print Post

Re: Service start date of 11/9/15 not fullfilled

[re: colino_green] [link to this post]

You should try www.talktalkmembers.com which is the TalkTalk Community forum. There you will find knowlegable users and the occasional TT support person.
Standard User colino_green
(learned) Sat 12-Sep-15 16:31:55
Print Post

[re: Kaoshan] [link to this post]

Ok, thanks Kaoshan. Will try that later and see what happens.

It is really poor that they have my current email address and yet have done nothing to update me as to what the problem is apart from put some near useless red info banner on my online account about the fact that there is a delay in the processing of my service.

Colino Green

Services: BT Broadband [Soon TalkTalk?]

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(newbie) Sat 12-Sep-15 20:29:08
Print Post

I have used the community forum in the past, the OCE's (talk talk support workers) are very helpful but don't work weekends, if you post a question give it a day or two to see if you get an answer as they work from oldest to newest posts first, people often get impatient and add to their post which then puts it back down the queue again.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Wed 16-Sep-15 13:02:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by colino_green:
I got a letter saying that my Talk Talk start date was due to be 11/9/2015. This has not happened and I appear still to be connected to BT broadband.

Tried to go on the TalkTalk website and was shocked to find that you cannot email Talk Talk support! Had to spend money phoning Talk Talk support (some offshore support team by the sound of things) instead who say there is a problem at the BT Openreach end.

This is not a good start to say the least. Are there any Talk Talk reps on this board who can investigate what is going on here. This is a really bad start! frown

Why not just get your Zen package updated they are cost effective now and unlimited.

Yes I'll trade in my new Ferrari for a 1969 mini cooper - which is what going from Zen to TT must be like!?
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 16-Sep-15 13:18:22
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ZenUserJP:
Yes I'll trade in my new Ferrari for a 1969 mini cooper - which is what going from Zen to TT must be like!?

Not at all, TalkTalk generally performs very well, at a very reasonable price.

Oliver.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 16-Sep-15 13:59:55
Print Post

69 Mini will get you there just the same and at a fraction of the cost. Minis are good!

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User bernado
(member) Wed 16-Sep-15 15:50:50
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
69 Mini will get you there just the same and at a fraction of the cost.

Not if it's anything like mine was with a seemingly insatiable appetite for anti-rust products!
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 16-Sep-15 17:32:19
Print Post

In reply to a post by ZenUserJP:

For me going from Zen to TalkTalk was like going from a Datsun 120Y to a Maserati. On my clapped out exchange (which BT still won't touch with a bargepole wrt 21CN'ing it) i never got more than 2 meg at peak times on Zen broadband - this was despite living a few hundred metres from the exchange. Zen told me there was diddly squat they could do (exchange congestion).
As soon as i changed to talkTalk, my speeds jumped to 18 meg day and night and in the bargain i ended up paying £25 less each month! So you see, paying more doesn;t always give you more.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business Fibre 79999/20000 kbps