User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nemeth782
(member) Mon 26-Oct-15 10:00:23
Print Post

Can't get speedy payment discount because website is down!!

[link to this post]

I don't actually care about the hack, the only way money could be taken from me is via DD and I can claim that back instantly.

I am now annoyed that a) I can't get a copy of my bill, and b) I have just gotten the email about my bill and can't get the speedy payment discount because the website is closed.

The email also says there is an offer as they are withdrawing speedy payment discounts, yet when clicking the link, I am told the site is down.

This email was sent to me today, when they knew their site was still down. Surely they can put the info in the email, and surely they should just give me the discount as they won't allow me to pay.

This may well push me to terminate via any opportunity I can (e.g. if they let people leave because of the hack).

Such a poor response to this situation
Standard User NUTTER44444
(committed) Mon 26-Oct-15 11:23:36
Print Post

Re: Can't get speedy payment discount because website is dow

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

I still can't even pay my bill that's due on wednesday to be paid (missed the speedy discount window) what if people get cut off for non-payment?
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 26-Oct-15 11:31:23
Print Post

[re: NUTTER44444] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by NUTTER44444:
I still can't even pay my bill that's due on wednesday to be paid (missed the speedy discount window) what if people get cut off for non-payment?

Payment is automatic isn't it, via Direct Debit or Recurring Card Payment?

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Mon 26-Oct-15 11:31:56)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(committed) Mon 26-Oct-15 11:34:40
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

I don't have a direct debit set up with them. Prefer to pay by card (and I cancelled any DD'S I had with them after this all came out the other day)
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 26-Oct-15 11:48:26
Print Post

I don't have a direct debit set up with them. Prefer to pay by card (and I cancelled any DD'S I had with them after this all came out the other day)

But Recurring Card Payments are automatic too, just like Direct Debits are.

Edit: oh, you cancelled your Direct Debit before setting up a Recurring Card Payment?

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Mon 26-Oct-15 11:50:30)

(committed) Mon 26-Oct-15 11:50:50
Print Post

I'm sure I don't have anything ocurring. Usually as soon as I get a bill I go on the website enter my card number in and pay it there and then (which I not been able to do throughout this episode the site's having)
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 26-Oct-15 11:52:46
Print Post

I'm sure I don't have anything ocurring. Usually as soon as I get a bill I go on the website enter my card number in and pay it there and then (which I not been able to do throughout this episode the site's having)

Sounds like you are using the Speedy Payment Discount then, not to be mistaken with Recurring Card Payment which will be used if you do not use the Speedy Payment Discount in any one month.

Oliver.
(committed) Mon 26-Oct-15 11:55:58
Print Post

Yeah i've always did that as much as poss but not even been able to get on the site to apply that as I said and my entire bill remains outstanding (with not much prospect so it seems of it getting restored) you can't even do the speedy discount over the phone either
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 26-Oct-15 11:59:40
Print Post

Yeah i've always did that as much as poss but not even been able to get on the site to apply that as I said and my entire bill remains outstanding (with not much prospect so it seems of it getting restored) you can't even do the speedy discount over the phone either

In all likelihood it will be collected by Recurring Card Payment, the invoice is generated well in advance of the money being taken.

Oliver.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 29-Oct-15 15:30:56
Print Post

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

Speedy Payment Discount will be honoured when things return to normal: http://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Discussion-Area/C...

Oliver.
  Print Thread

Jump to