User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User edwincluck
(member) Wed 11-Nov-15 09:25:31
Print Post

TalkTalk offers Free Upgrades as a loyalty thank you

[link to this post]

TalkTalk customers offered free upgrade following cyber attack, which cost the company £35 million
The group said it was making the move in “recognition of the unavoidable uncertainty” customers faced

An upgrade will be available to all customers – even those unaffected by the hack – from December 1.

If you’re a customer, you will be able to add one of the following to your existing services with the group: TV content including movies, kids entertainment and sports; a mobile SIM with a monthly allowance of free texts, data and calls; unlimited UK landline and mobile calls; or a broadband health check by experienced engineers.

TalkTalk will offer all customers a free upgrade in order to encourage them to stay, and will also offer a bundle of online and telephone security features to improve protection from scammers, malware and cold callers.

TalkTalk is writing to all customers including those not directly affected by the hack to explain what it is doing to protect their data now and offering the choice of a free upgrade from December 1.

Telecoms giant offers customers free upgrades in recognition of "uncertainty" in wake of personal details hack

Dido Harding, TalkTalk's chief executive, said that in recognition of the "unavoidable uncertainty" in the aftermath of the cyber attack, the company will offer a choice of free upgrades to customers.

Edited by edwincluck (Wed 11-Nov-15 13:08:07)

Standard User NUTTER44444
(committed) Wed 11-Nov-15 15:25:25
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk offers Free Upgrades as a loyalty thank you

[re: edwincluck] [link to this post]

That could mean anything..................Curious as to what we will be getting offered
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Nov-15 15:33:36
Print Post

[re: NUTTER44444] [link to this post]

The upgrades being offered include additional TV packages, a mobile SIM with a monthly allowance, unlimited landline and mobile calls in the UK, and a broadband health check. Those wishing to cash-in on the upgrades will have too do so between December 1 and the end of the year.

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User edwincluck
(member) Wed 11-Nov-15 17:40:50
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

I'm gonna go for the free mobile SIM with monthly allowance of free texts, data and calls.
It'll make a nice stocking filler for a young un'.
What about you @cheshire_man?
Standard User ggremlin
(experienced) Wed 11-Nov-15 17:53:32
Print Post

how long will it be free for?
the cynic in me says its close to a marketing campaign, free for a year then they start billing unless you 'opt out'
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Nov-15 20:51:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by edwincluck:
I'm gonna go for the free mobile SIM with monthly allowance of free texts, data and calls.
It'll make a nice stocking filler for a young un'.
What about you @cheshire_man?
I'm not with Talk Talk for any of their products, I merely chose to post a reply to that particular question grin

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User edwincluck
(member) Fri 13-Nov-15 02:43:11
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cheshire_man:
I'm not with Talk Talk for any of their products, I merely chose to post a reply to that particular question grin

Maybe it's worth joining TalkTalk, just so you too can enjoy these free goodies?

TalkTalk has promised that ALL customers - new or old - are included in the free deals which continue until the end of December.
  Print Thread

Jump to