User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User blinkbonny
(learned) Sat 02-Jan-16 10:19:39
Print Post

Is everything back to normal now

[link to this post]

It looks like its been pretty quiet on this forum for a while now so wondering if joining Talk Talk fibre is a good choice these days
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 02-Jan-16 12:47:38
Print Post

Re: Is everything back to normal now

[re: blinkbonny] [link to this post]

There are no real issues around the TalkTalk product itself, just their data protection abilities. Be aware that logging into "My Account" can only be done from a TalkTalk connection, if that's of any importance.

Oliver.
Standard User AceOfSpades
(member) Thu 07-Jan-16 20:53:46
Print Post

TalkTalk are great, good value, reliable and fast. No need to pay more.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jorkila
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 08-Jan-16 20:38:10
Print Post

[re: AceOfSpades] [link to this post]

^^^What he said^^^

I had serious doubts over joining over 6 months ago but haven't looked back to be honest!!
Standard User sills
(regular) Sat 09-Jan-16 12:43:14
Print Post

I joined in August with phone, fibre broadband and TV. Apart from swapping their slow router for a better one I already had, I've had no problems with the service at all.
Standard User microtan
(newbie) Tue 12-Jan-16 17:25:26
Print Post

My fibre connection is rock steady with download around 30 Mbps.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

TalkTalk have now secured their-on line systems and with the current 12 months free broadband; phone and TV offer it is a good choice. You only pay for line rental.

I am 100% recycled material of which 90% are microbes. I am therefore never alone.
Standard User microtan
(newbie) Wed 13-Jan-16 10:54:02
Print Post

[re: microtan] [link to this post]

I should clarify that Phone and TV both cost extra as "boosts" though they are good value.

TalkTalk's 12 months Value Line Rental also saves 10% with an upfront payment of £191.16
You need to think about how this deal will sync with any 18 months deals. My Value line rental runs out in April leaving 6 months to the end of my contract and I will not renew the deal as I am looking at other options.

The Free Fibre Broadband deal is advertised on the Radio Magic as being open to new and existing customers.

I contacted TalkTalk customer retentions who are able to negotiate better deals. They said that as I already had fibre it was not applicable. So much for existing customers!

They tried to offer me a better deal but that extended my contract for another 18 months. If I were to cancel my contract before the end date then I would have to pay all the remaining months fees at their standard rates and would cost me hundreds of pounds.

So after explaining that I wanted my existing contract end date to stay exactly the same they offered me £5 reduction on my fibre monthly fee for 6 months (worth £30) so I accepted their offer. The offer ends 3 months from the end of my contract so I will look at my options then.

Another way to get broadband is to go mobile e.g. with a GiffGaff unlimited data SIM and link it to your PC or tablet using a spare mobile phone. I have tested my Galaxy S4 with a Three SIM and got a download speed of 23 Mbps with upload reaching 7 Mbps. The data allowance soon ran out and that is why GiffGaff may be a better option.

I am 100% recycled material of which 90% are microbes. I am therefore never alone.
Standard User gastro2008
(member) Mon 18-Jan-16 20:13:55
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In the process of switching to TT go live at end of month, fibre free for 12 months was too good to pass up
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 18-Jan-16 20:59:35
Print Post

[re: gastro2008] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gastro2008:
In the process of switching to TT go live at end of month, fibre free for 12 months was too good to pass up

It's a good deal. I do find TalkTalk's advertising a little bit suspect though: http://i.imgur.com/qwWokMl.png

It looks like fibre is £10 a month after the free deal when in fact it is £17.50 because the £7.50 SimplyBroadband package is a mandatory add-on.

Of course the it's clarified in the small print so I doubt any "rules" have been broken, but still.

Oliver.
Standard User blueboy
(committed) Tue 19-Jan-16 22:32:57
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

I have to agree, also when you look at your bill on talktalk its not clear what your paying for, always makes me laugh, to me it could be a lot clearer.

BlueBoy was here heheh
  Print Thread

Jump to