User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bicbasher
(newbie) Mon 03-Oct-16 14:06:11
Print Post

New tarrifs confusion

[link to this post]

I'm confused by TT's new combined deals.

Currently I'm on Simply Broadband ADSL2+ on the 13th month of an 18 month contract. However I went into the Renew Contract Page where they offered me the new 'Fast Broadband' ADSL2+ combined contact for £22.95, plus the calls bundle for £5, which I currently get for free until December as one of the offers for last year's hacking scandal.

If I had accepted, I'd be paying for what is currently free, but they paying more so I can keep 'free' calls for another 8 weeks!

Is it worth calling the sales team to try and negotiate free calls until December at least or attempt to get a VDSL2 deal out of them?
Standard User 23Prince
(member) Tue 04-Oct-16 11:42:12
Print Post

Re: New tarrifs confusion

[re: bicbasher] [link to this post]

"but they paying more so I can keep 'free' calls for another 8 weeks!"

"try and negotiate free calls until December"

They are paying more to support people like you who keep wanting things for free!

Talk Talk is cheap enough, why try and haggle them?
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(newbie) Wed 05-Oct-16 20:12:01
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

I had the fast BB package and a discounted TV package (£20 down to £10) with calls and was paying £27:70 a month, i rang to see what happens to my TV package as i was in a 18 month contract, the guy i spoke to asked me to wait a minute then came back and said i could stay as i am for £27:95 as long as i take it over 18 months again, i was happy to sign up.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(member) Thu 06-Oct-16 11:18:04
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

That'a fair - they are getting their wholesale cost + markup on that.

They aren't on Free obviously.
Standard User bicbasher
(newbie) Fri 07-Oct-16 23:54:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by 23Prince:

They are paying more to support people like you who keep wanting things for free!

Excuse me pal, I was offered the free calls for 12 months because of their own mistakes. Don't try and assume that I'm a freeloader.
Standard User stepdey
(newbie) Sat 08-Oct-16 10:55:04
Print Post

If it helps, after reading this thread, I too am shortly to upgrade to fibre on an 18 month contract and currently I am also getting the free phone calls until December.

Just used the on-line chat to them and told them I'm upgrading and what about the free phone calls I currently receive, I was told that my free calls still had another 2 months and 27 days to run.

Edited by stepdey (Sat 08-Oct-16 14:42:37)

Standard User 23Prince
(member) Sat 08-Oct-16 11:45:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by bicbasher:
In reply to a post by 23Prince:

Excuse me pal, I was offered the free calls for 12 months because of their own mistakes. Don't try and assume that I'm a freeloader.

Then don't assume people know what you mean when you actually say the opposite, The above post stated you were considering initiating a call to try and get free calls and you didn't update with the outcome.

Pal.

Edited by 23Prince (Sat 08-Oct-16 11:46:00)

Standard User _Resonance_
(member) Wed 12-Oct-16 22:15:45
Print Post

Why wouldn't someone try to get the best deal they can? Do you think TalkTalk just pay what they're quoted by their suppliers, or try and negotiate it down?

BT Infinity 1 Unlimited
  Print Thread

Jump to