User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sheephouse
(newbie) Thu 13-Oct-16 11:51:14
Print Post

TalkTalk "For Everyone"

[link to this post]

This is just a moan really - TalkTalk advertise using the "For Everyone" slogan, but if I check availability of TalkTalk phone or broadband I get the message

" Sorry, our line check shows you arenít able to get any TalkTalk packages"

So TalkTalk clearly isn't "For Everyone" is it!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 13-Oct-16 12:08:08
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk "For Everyone"

[re: sheephouse] [link to this post]

They claim 95% UK LLU coverage, so its whether people like ASA think 95% is close enough to 100% to allow them to say everyone (note there may be small print about 'areas where our network is available'.

Also I'd say advert will gall those who may only get 1 Mbps via TalkTalk.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Fri 21-Oct-16 21:01:40
Print Post

I still have line rental from the old TalkTalk Onetel setup, not sure how many of us there are left. Seems odd that they can still service WLR through Onetel, but not TalkTalk anymore...

TT were forever bugging me to take the TalkTalk broadband and phone package, they used to drive me mad. They would start by rambling on about the fantastic offers available, I had to stop them every time because there's no LLU on my exchange, and none of these deals were available to me. It didn't put them off though, they would ring again a week or so later. As soon as they stopped selling to non-LLU customers altogether, the calls stopped.

The line rental is still via WLR, I only stopped with them because I don't pay for calls. That said, billing is a complete shambles, still no website since the great TalkTalk hack.

eclipse internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Oct-16 22:35:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by sheephouse:
This is just a moan really - TalkTalk advertise using the "For Everyone" slogan, but if I check availability of TalkTalk phone or broadband I get the message

" Sorry, our line check shows you arenít able to get any TalkTalk packages"

So TalkTalk clearly isn't "For Everyone" is it!

The "for everyone" slogan really means that new customers and existing customers can now get the same deals. Before often new customers had special rates available and existing ones were no longer on discounted rates & were paying higher. Additionally, often existing customers were in the middle of 18 month contracts, paying say £10 a month for broadband when new customers could get if for free.

Now existing customers can ring and get the new customer deals, even if the existing customers are locked into a contract term. Say you are 5 months into your 18 month contract, and then TT advertise your package to new customers at £5 a month less, you can ring and get it now.

Previously, if you were in a contract term you could only "upgrade" to a higher package, not get the same package if it was cheaper for new customers.

So the for everyone means they are now focused on everyone, new and existing. That's at least the interpretation on the TT forums.
  Print Thread

Jump to