User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User NUTTER44444
(committed) Sat 22-Oct-16 15:17:57
Print Post

Peculiar leaving talktalk situation

[link to this post]

I just wondering about something. I've eventually (took a lot of discussions) but eventually decided to bite the bullet and leave talktalk (going to be joining Plusnet) Now me and my sister both have talktalk connections here in the house

If I use my sister's wifi I can view plusnet's website and track my order with them absolutely fine but if I use my own connection (via ethernet and wifi) the plusnet website has been blocked (and tried accessing the website on my phone using both connections via wifi again my sisters works but my wifi won't) Is it possible that talktalk could have blocked my IP or something as i'm leaving them? I can't think of what else it could be

P.S. activated the free VPN that Opera browser has built in and it works fine

Edited by NUTTER44444 (Sat 22-Oct-16 15:57:36)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 22-Oct-16 16:34:41
Print Post

Re: Peculiar leaving talktalk situation

[re: NUTTER44444] [link to this post]

If an ISP is blocking the IP address of other providers sites then Ofcom wall fall from a great height on them.

Tried using the IP address of the plusnet website?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User NUTTER44444
(committed) Sat 22-Oct-16 22:30:11
Print Post

Re: Peculiar leaving talktalk situation

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Sorry sounds daft lol but how do I get the IP of a site? (I should know but slightly clueless) Just curious to check I mean I know i've got on now via opera VPN as I said but seems strange not long after I said I was leaving that the site's been blocked

OK think I found it

seems to be (remove if not allowed)

BTW wasn't working when I checked although i'll try via the wifi

OK checked via my sister's wifi and worked and wasn't working with my own talktalk hard-wired connection. All very peculiar oh to add too I wouldn't say blocked but seems strange why I get a error_connection_timed_out message when on my own connection as I said but using the other wifi works fine

Edited by NUTTER44444 (Sat 22-Oct-16 22:44:09)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to