User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(learned) Sun 30-Oct-16 14:13:01
Print Post

October Opinion Questionnaire.

[link to this post]

I got this pop up today (alarm bells ringing immediately) i did the questionnaire out of interest (4 questions - alarm bells getting louder) and when the next page loaded (link to screen shot below) i got the option to choose from several prizes, all they wanted was a small payment for postage, no thanks.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2uqgbvl.jpg

Unbelievably people still fall for this -

Hi Tony A

I'm pretty sure that it is a scam, We don't use that method for surveys you may receive an satisfaction survey via Email, however we will NEVER ask for card or payment details.

As bestmanx3 has advised It might be a good idea to check with you cards issuer to see if there are any payments.

Regards

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 03-Nov-16 01:04:26
Print Post

Re: October Opinion Questionnaire.

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

I got the same about 2 weeks ago whilst on EE Community site. I gave no personal info. EE denied it was from them & suggested I check for malware. I could see no new s/ware installed but ran Malwarebytes anyway. It found nowt, nor does my regular AV.

It hasn't reoccurred.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
(learned) Thu 03-Nov-16 16:59:21
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thanks XRaySpeX, i ran a full AV scan and Malwarebytes anti-malware and they found nothing, i have also not had the pop up again.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 03-Nov-16 17:20:04
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

Good! What site were you on at the time?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 03-Nov-16 17:37:46
Print Post

Suspect a simple advert pop-up rather any form of malware, alas the volume of adverts placed on interweb mean some dodgy ones are always bound to get through.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(learned) Tue 08-Nov-16 18:30:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Good! What site were you on at the time?

I am not sure but it was not a TT site, it was a small pop up type box with little detail.

Print Thread

Jump to