User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bs0d
(experienced) Thu 30-Mar-17 13:36:39
Print Post

Migrated from BT Infinity 2

[link to this post]

Hi All, just wanted to say how impressed i have been with the smooth migration from BT.

Speeds are the same, the HG633 allows way more control than the [censored] BT SmartHub (ii dont use wifi)

Still within the training period i understand

DSL synchronization status:
Up
Connection status:
Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
VDSL2
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):
Channel type:
Interleaved

I can't comment on the support but BT was worse than awful

Best of all its £16 a month cheaper.

bs0d.
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(regular) Thu 30-Mar-17 16:19:59
Print Post

Re: Migrated from BT Infinity 2

[re: bs0d] [link to this post]

I can't comment on the support but BT was worse than awful

Best of all its £16 a month cheaper.

I have been with TT customer approximately 10 years and in that time i have only had one major problem which was the speeds slowed to a crawl one Christmas (by crawl i mean barely worth turning the PC on) a few people from my town used this forum to discuss the problem and within a couple of day an engineer was sent to the exchange and all was well again, i found the call centre staff very helpful and i consider one problem in 10 years to be very good service.

Before the haters jump all over me i know TT support has a bad reputation but very few customers sign up to a forum like this to sing an ISP's praises which gives readers a very one sided and often unfair view of an ISP's performance.

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Thu 30-Mar-17 16:20:55)

Standard User rego
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 31-Mar-17 08:45:24
Print Post

I migrated to talktalk from Be before it was taken over by Sky 6 years ago. Over this time I have received a fast and reliable service at an extremely competitive price, and until the problem I had with my line which was down to BT openreach I can honestly say I have received first class service from talktalk. In some ways I doubt were it not for the help of talktalks own bright sparks engineers I don.t think openreach would have sorted the problems out.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jroadley
(member) Fri 31-Mar-17 10:31:11
Print Post

I can only Echo the OP - went from BT Infinity 2 (Which I had no problems with) across to the top Talk Talk packakge and save £16 a month. Not only that, the TalkTalk phone package bundles options (Like caller display) for free. We also opted for the free SIM card which is perfect for my sons mobile.

However, I didn't get on with the TT provided router - I tried to transfer my existing SSID id and passwords so the wireless devices didn't need to reconnect but the TT router wouldn't allow certain characters or spaces so thankfully went back to my original Openreach Modem/ASUS router.

Not had to call their customer services (I didn't phone BT in the 2 years I was with them).
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Fri 31-Mar-17 18:24:29
Print Post

I had Infinity, I also installed Talk Talk Business. It's worked without problem since. I am happy that I did as I was able to dump Infinity and BT
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Fri 31-Mar-17 20:50:35
Print Post

I had no issues with TT from a connection standpoint. I did however dislike their customer service, and unfortunately nobody anywhere was much good, even if you escalated.

I am with BT now, and their CS is equally bad, but there are some very helpful teams if you escalate.

From a connection standpoint I found TalkTalk to be more reliable, less router reboots, less dropouts etc.
  Print Thread

Jump to