User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User peterb999
(newbie) Sat 01-Jul-17 15:57:51
Print Post

Leaving TalkTalk

[link to this post]

I've just been sent the email advising that the TalkTalk prices are going up and I can leave without penalty (my contract finishes next March).

I have decided to leave and join BT. I am currently on Fibre Large (76meg) but am happy to move to BT Infinity 1 as I can only get 40meg anyway.

What's the way to do this?, I'm concerned if I go straight to BT and sign up that when they tell TalkTalk I'm leaving they'll try to charge me to end the contract.

Has anyone done this before?, left the contract early due to price increases?

Thanks in advance.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 02-Jul-17 10:49:54
Print Post

Re: Leaving TalkTalk

[re: peterb999] [link to this post]

In theory telling ISP in advance you are migrating (never say cancelling) should be the way so they can get the final bill right first time, but in past where people have done that ISP have gone ahead and ceased causing issues with any migration.

I'd suggest do the migration as usual, so that letter from TalkTalk about leaving will arrive well within 30 day period you have, and if that does not cover your scenario as you want to phone them up and say the reason the migration has been placed is because of the price rises.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 02-Jul-17 11:30:04
Print Post

Re: Leaving TalkTalk

[re: peterb999] [link to this post]

I would do a live chat and state "I am leaving due to the price increase. Please DO NOT terminate my Talktalk services." Just save the chat log even if the other advisor has zero idea what you are discussing. End the chat if necessary but have a log.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to