User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(regular) Tue 25-Jul-17 17:48:21
Print Post

Sky sport

[link to this post]

Has anyone gone for the £8:50 per month sky sport deal?

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Jul-17 22:43:32
Print Post

Re: Sky sport

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

I thought it was £28.45?
Standard User vitrocmax
(newbie) Sat 29-Jul-17 23:56:34
Print Post

I signed up for it this morning, watched F1 qualifing this afternoon.

£8.50 for up to 18months, not a bad deal.

I took the offer last year of £6 for 6 months, this is better for us because it covers all the F1 to the end of next year for me and the Championship coverage is pretty good for my wife as well.

I don't think I'll be watching any of the other channels.

I'm on a £25 a month deal with TT at the moment, ADSL+ and TV+, with almost all calls (including mobiles}; my wife uses the included SIM in her mobile.

Now it will be £33.50 a month, and I won't bother with the NOW TV days that I was getting from time to time. I'm happy with that for now.

@23Prince - it's £8.50 a month for up to 18 months for existing TT subscribers, the £28.45 is aimed at new customers, or those wishing to renew their contract.

Edit to correct spelling mistake

Edited by vitrocmax (Sun 30-Jul-17 00:02:45)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(regular) Mon 31-Jul-17 19:40:29
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
I thought it was £28.45?

As Vitrocmax says it's £8.50 a month for up to 18 months for existing TT subscribers, the £28.45 is aimed at new customers, or those wishing to renew their contract.

vitrocmax I was quoted £31:45 a month having read your reply i suddenly thought why am i paying an extra £3 per month so had a chat with customer support who put me through to the Loyalty department and i now have a £7 discount per months for the duration of my contract.

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Mon 31-Jul-17 20:16:35)

Standard User vitrocmax
(newbie) Mon 31-Jul-17 23:08:07
Print Post

I have been having another look at the offers on TalkTalk, and on reading the 'small print' I see the mobile SIM isn't included any more.

The help pages also show that mobile handsets are no longer offered, because TalkTalk are launching 'a new service' soon - I believe they are moving provider.

The £28.45 deal (made up of a 19.95 for the BB/line rental & 8.50 Sky Sports) only includes the basic TV box that will pause and rewind, but not record.

I might try speak to them sometime when I get home early enough, to see if I can improve my contract pricing.

I did also see a comment somewhere on a pricing page that 'some telephone costs are changing from 1st August'.
(regular) Tue 01-Aug-17 09:44:23
Print Post

[re: vitrocmax] [link to this post]

We signed up for the TV package a couple of years ago so didnt need a new box maybe that is why the price was wrong.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 06-Aug-17 11:57:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chippy_Tea_:
In reply to a post by 23Prince:
I thought it was £28.45?

As Vitrocmax says it's £8.50 a month for up to 18 months for existing TT subscribers, the £28.45 is aimed at new customers, or those wishing to renew their contract.

vitrocmax I was quoted £31:45 a month having read your reply i suddenly thought why am i paying an extra £3 per month so had a chat with customer support who put me through to the Loyalty department and i now have a £7 discount per months for the duration of my contract.

oooh thanks, I guess this won't apply to business customers? :/
  Print Thread

Jump to