User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Aug-17 11:02:22
Print Post

TalkTalk Router

[link to this post]

Does this sound like BS? I have been told I need to have my pre-filtered socket removed on a NTE5C as the filter does not support the talktalk router? They want me to use the dangley filters...

EDIT: smells like major bs to me.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Wed 16-Aug-17 11:02:39)

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 16-Aug-17 11:18:56
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk Router

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
EDIT: smells like major bs to me.
agreed laugh
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Aug-17 11:22:59
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

This is by a BT openreach engineer at my property - not talktalk customer services, hence my message. Shocking really!

Edited by ukhardy07 (Wed 16-Aug-17 11:27:45)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Aug-17 15:05:35
Print Post

This is by a BT openreach engineer at my property - not talktalk customer services, hence my message. Shocking really!

Maybe the rj11 plug on the supplied lead, in his experience, doesn't contact well with the faceplate's rj45 socket.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Aug-17 15:18:58
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:

Maybe the rj11 plug on the supplied lead, in his experience, doesn't contact well with the faceplate's rj45 socket.
Possibly, I am using a BT supplied one. He was so adamant of removing it, I had to bring out another router and pretend I would be using that 24/7 otherwise the faceplate would have been gone.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Aug-17 15:33:44
Print Post

Guess you don't have any filtered voice extensions? It would have been a hassle if you do and he had ran off with the faceplate!
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Aug-17 15:39:36
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
Guess you don't have any filtered voice extensions? It would have been a hassle if you do and he had ran off with the faceplate!
Yup - I sure do. I even told him I don't have a single filter in the house to which he replied "they are all in the original box." Let him know that's binned, he said "you've got a problem." He went and fitted his faceplate and I got slightly frustrated with him, letting him know the whole socket would come off the wall and be replaced with a NTE5 version 3 if I had to do that to keep the filter. Also let him know I don't intend on using the TT router, he said "I've let you know the risks you take those risks." The kind of guy you just wanna tell to f off lol... Best part, lines still not fully working despite him saying it would be hunky dory in 5 mins.
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Aug-17 15:48:06
Print Post

Probably a shame he didn't have any NTE5A's and Mk3 filters in the van...
Standard User rego
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 17-Aug-17 08:56:00
Print Post

I would suggest you ask TalkTalk to send one of their own Brightsparks engineers to your property they seem to be able to get Openreach to do their job properly
  Print Thread

Jump to