User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(member) Tue 12-Sep-17 10:20:37
Print Post

Re: Faster Fibre.

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
Admire your perseverance mate but in all honesty you're peeing in the wind getting TT to admit the HG633 isn't fit for purpose (wrt wifi perfomance). It might be far less stressful just to buy an el-cheapo HG635 on eBay for £20 which is supposed to be better than their HG633.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122660802422

That is something i have considered. wink

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Tue 12-Sep-17 16:14:14)

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-Sep-17 19:41:39
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

All my devices support AC, and they all get network transfer speeds of around 400Mbps in my home using a variety of routers (Sky Q Hub), BT HomeHub 6, Netgear D6400.

Seriously what is £20 on a HG635?
(member) Tue 12-Sep-17 19:57:19
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
All my devices support AC, and they all get network transfer speeds of around 400Mbps in my home using a variety of routers (Sky Q Hub), BT HomeHub 6, Netgear D6400.

Non of my devices are AC but i have read many posts saying the HG633 was a poor replacement for the HG635 and wi-fi is much faster using the HG635, i will soon know for sure. wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-Sep-17 21:42:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chippy_Tea_:

Non of my devices are AC but i have read many posts saying the HG633 was a poor replacement for the HG635 and wi-fi is much faster using the HG635, i will soon know for sure. wink

I can whole-heartedly say the HG635 is my favourite ISP supplied router to-date, for reference I have tried the following:
Sky DG934G, Sky Hub SR101, Sky Hub SR102, Sky Q Hub, BT Homehub 4, 5 and 6, Virgin Superhub 1, Superhub 2AC, Superhub 3, TalkTalk Huawei HG533, HG633, HG635

Outside of ISP routers:
DG834G, DG834GT, D6400, Nighthawk (exact model not sure), DGN2000, D6200,

TP-Link
A whole bunch

Belkin Routers
A whole bunch

Pros of HG635, never self-reboots or needs rebooting, has good QOS if you go via the advanced URL link, can support 30+ devices connected at once, has better range than all ISP supplied routers I have tried (yes even the fancy new BT Smart Hub where Ryan Reynolds gets on his helecopter in the ad lol), has great 5Ghz transfer rates (300Mbps+), it gets 1080P streams to my devices @2.4Ghz where my BT SmartHub struggles to get 480P. It really is a set it and forget it kinda router, it just works, and works flawlessly.
(member) Wed 13-Sep-17 16:21:44
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

I can whole-heartedly say the HG635 is my favourite ISP supplied router to-date, for reference I have tried the following:
Sky DG934G, Sky Hub SR101, Sky Hub SR102, Sky Q Hub, BT Homehub 4, 5 and 6, Virgin Superhub 1, Superhub 2AC, Superhub 3, TalkTalk Huawei HG533, HG633, HG635

Outside of ISP routers:

TP-Link
A whole bunch

Belkin Routers
A whole bunch

Pros of HG635, never self-reboots or needs rebooting, has good QOS if you go via the advanced URL link, can support 30+ devices connected at once, has better range than all ISP supplied routers I have tried (yes even the fancy new BT Smart Hub where Ryan Reynolds gets on his helecopter in the ad lol), has great 5Ghz transfer rates (300Mbps+), it gets 1080P streams to my devices @2.4Ghz where my BT SmartHub struggles to get 480P. It really is a set it and forget it kinda router, it just works, and works flawlessly.

A glowing review and it makes me glad i decided to take the plunge.

It begs the question if the HG635 was such a great router (as i have read countless times) why was it replaced by the inferior HG633?

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 13-Sep-17 16:26:35
Print Post

Cost perhaps.
(member) Wed 13-Sep-17 16:33:25
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Cost perhaps.

With their reputation i would have though upsetting more customers was the last thing they would want, to say you get a guaranteed minimum connection speed then when you have signed up for an 18 month contract you find its only guaranteed when using Ethernet stinks as they know the majority of us use wi-fi for most devices i bet the majority of customers don't connect anything by Ethernet and the only time the cable comes out is when they need to run speed tests..
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 13-Sep-17 16:50:07
Print Post

100% cost the 633 does not have gigabit ports for instance.

As soon as they brought out the 633 they gave it to all customers even those on ADSL. Previously only fibre customers got a 635 and others a 533.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 13-Sep-17 18:06:26
Print Post

... nested quotes trimmed ...

Outside of ISP routers:

TP-Link
A whole bunch

Belkin Routers
A whole bunch

A glowing review and it makes me glad i decided to take the plunge.

It begs the question if the HG635 was such a great router (as i have read countless times) why was it replaced by the inferior HG633?

I got one with my TTB connection, Can't fault it either.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 13-Sep-17 18:19:23
Print Post

The new Sky fibre guarantee is only to the hub, does not even include tests over Ethernet

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to