User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Thu 14-Sep-17 01:15:38
Print Post

Re: Faster Fibre.

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
The new Sky fibre guarantee is only to the hub, does not even include tests over Ethernet
The Sky Q WiFi certainly cannot guarantee it, where each Sky Box is a booster...
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Sep-17 10:01:35
Print Post

The new Sky fibre guarantee is only to the hub, does not even include tests over Ethernet

They are on rather sticky ground with the whole claim don't you think?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 14-Sep-17 12:07:01
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

As always if you stop and digest wording its fine, so all down to how ASA/CAP interpret things and that is highly variable

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Sep-17 13:53:07
Print Post

As always if you stop and digest wording its fine, so all down to how ASA/CAP interpret things and that is highly variable

Fair enough - but the average consumer won't want to/wont think to do that - they will just see Guarantee of 55mbps and go order it. When they can't get that, it'll be a battle with Sky.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Sep-17 14:08:25
Print Post

How far does this go? If my router is 3 rooms away through solid brick walls then who's to blame for not getting the guaranteed speed?

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Sep-17 14:22:56
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
How far does this go? If my router is 3 rooms away through solid brick walls then who's to blame for not getting the guaranteed speed?

That's a very good question. If it's not even based on Ethernet speed then (to me) it seems pointless
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(member) Thu 14-Sep-17 16:15:03
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:

I agree that distance and walls etc are going to be a factor in what wi-fi speed you get but getting just over half the guaranteed speed sat 3 feet away from the router is not acceptable, my argument is not so much about the speed i am getting its that many are saying it is the router that is limiting it, time will of course tell when i get the HG635.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 14-Sep-17 17:17:53
Print Post

Based on connection speed and point is if thats below 55 Mbps you can opt to drop to a 55/10 product and pay a little less each month and get the setup fee refunded, or go elsewhere.

Alas what will encourage more onto a faster service is what Vodafone have done i.e. up to 76 Mbps that is cheaper now than many providers up to 38 Mbps

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(member) Thu 14-Sep-17 18:54:16
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

Here are the head to head results -

Both router stats for line quality were nearly identical at 39997 down and 9995 up and both test results over Ethernet were also very close.

HG633 - https://eigde79682.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage...

HG635 - https://eigde79682.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage...

A 6Mbps increase over the HG633 is not to be sniffed at and as i don't have any devices that will work on 802.11ac and don't intend to upgrade any time soon it'll do for me, i also prefer the design and smaller size.

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Thu 14-Sep-17 18:58:23)

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Thu 14-Sep-17 22:25:46
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

What device do you have that's low for even 2.4ghz
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to