User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User robmar0se
(regular) Wed 20-Sep-17 19:34:42
Print Post

Help - escalate problem no response after 5 hours on phone

[link to this post]

can anyone provide details of someone senior we can contact at TalkTalk?

Here's the story!

Computer Engineer called in as we had no internet. Climbed into the roof to access NTE5 test socket and ran tests with separate router, cables, filter, laptop.. Confirmed that internet was working, but at such a very low level that it was frequently dropping out, the best we got on the BT speedtest was 0.4mbps.

As you probably know Daisy provides the technical support (used to be part of Tiscali). On our first call they said they wanted to try and reconfigure at their end, which would take 48 hours to resolve. After 72 hours and no perceptive improvement we called again. 5 hours on the phone over two calls - first left us on permanent hold which we cut after an hour. The second call we did with difficulty get them to agree to call out Openreach (it is a BT line). Made an appt for the next day. No one arrived, usually Openreach are quite good at keeping you informed (as I say usually);problem still persists today 2 weeks later.

It appeared to us that Daisy technical support try everything other than calling out Openreach, some individuals are arrogant, and frankly being left on hold for an hour is !!!!!

We have little confidence in their support, so would like to speak to someone who would cut across the cr*p.

Advice very mcuch appreciated please.
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(member) Wed 20-Sep-17 20:16:47
Print Post

Re: Help - escalate problem no response after 5 hours on pho

[re: robmar0se] [link to this post]

Try the TT community forum its not 24/7 but the OCE's over there know their stuff and will help, once posted do not post again until the OCE's have picked it up as bumping the thread sends it to the back of the queue and they work on oldest first.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/custom/page/page...

Standard User robmar0se
(regular) Wed 20-Sep-17 20:43:11
Print Post

Re: Help - escalate problem no response after 5 hours on pho

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

Thank you that's very helpful - have registered and posted there.

Will update this when we have some action or result.

Update: I have read several posts which don't make good reading, where broadband has totally failed, There appears that TT have absolutely no escalation process

It appears that TT are trying to avoid sending in Openreach, they prefer to send in their own guys who obviously can't touch the BT side, which on BT lines just delays things - further there appears to be no automatic process where they send there own guys which in most cases they are unable to fix BT lines/exchange faults, to automatically call in Openreach.

I understand that TT call their guys "brightsparks"

Edited by robmar0se (Wed 20-Sep-17 23:02:06)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User robmar0se
(regular) Thu 21-Sep-17 21:55:44
Print Post

Re: Help - escalate problem no response after 5 hours on tel

I posted on the TT community website, and hey presto I received a reply plus an Openreach engineer on premises this afternoon.

Confirmed everything from the premises to the exchange was fine (ADSL2), but there is an error probably more to do with TT broadband. He confirmed broadband was not syncing at all. He spent 25 mins trying to get hold of TT without any success. Later we tried and after 30 mins got through to TT. However they are offering to send another TT engineer (Brightspark?) - frankly don't see the point as we know our end is clean plus TT cannot access the BT stuff. Note the line has no working broadband on it so not as if he can do anything other than chat to his people at the other end.

Does anyone think there is any point in what TT are trying to do? Shouldn't they get their act together, escalate the problem, and get someone with some common sense to drive a solution?

This experience tells me that TT/Daisy is a real shambles, no urgency, just going round in circles!
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 21-Sep-17 21:59:40
Print Post

What makes you think Daisy are involved?

Surely a TT engineer is what you want?
Standard User robmar0se
(regular) Thu 21-Sep-17 23:46:43
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Because they told me!

The Daisy Group is a significant independent UK provider of business-to-business communications and IT infrastructure services. It was borne out of TT's sale of part of the Tiscali business.

If you do a tracert, you'll be quite surprised how many ISP's are using Daisy - TT by the way - try it!

I could name a number of others...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 22-Sep-17 09:29:43
Print Post

Really not sure about TalkTalk using Daisy (its possible for some offnet customers but they divested those to Fleur Telecom sometime ago)

The TalkTalk customers we see are neatly on AS13285

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 22-Sep-17 09:42:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by robmar0se:
If you do a tracert, you'll be quite surprised how many ISP's are using Daisy - TT by the way - try it!

AFAIK direct TT customers do not use the Daisy network, TT resellers may use them partly. Can you provide a tracert to thinkbroadband.com from your TT residential connection?

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10 running Voxel
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-Sep-17 11:32:56
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

...of which Fleur Telecom is managed/supported by Daisy.

Although I suspect this is more of an ownership as being supported from within the same offices as their own customers.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

Edited by uno (Fri 22-Sep-17 11:33:35)

Print Thread

Jump to