User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Rycharde
(newbie) Thu 21-Sep-17 11:29:54
Print Post

TALKTALK COMMUNITY LOGIN ERROR!

[link to this post]

Could a kindly existing active TalkTalk Community member please bring the following problem to the attention of the Online Community Executive over there.

I have been using the TalkTalk Community Login name ‘Richard Savage’ since 31 October 2013, and until now I have never had a problem with access. Feel free to check my user entry.

However, since around 20:45 - 19 September 2017 - I have been unable to login, and receive the following error:

[Login name] ’Contains one or more invalid characters. This field can
contain letters, numbers, and special characters, such as dashes or
underscores. Spaces are not permitted.’

I cannot do it myself, since because, as you may observe, my Login name, not unlike many others, contains a space! Tried Customer Services, but .......... total waste of time, aaaaaagggggrrrrr!

~R.

Edited by Rycharde (Thu 21-Sep-17 15:09:56)

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 21-Sep-17 11:53:22
Print Post

Re: TALKTALK COMMUNITY LOGIN ERROR!

[re: Rycharde] [link to this post]

Can you sign up with a new name?
Standard User Rycharde
(newbie) Fri 22-Sep-17 12:31:38
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thanks for your input BatBoy, and although I would think it feasible to register as a new user, I am given to understand that particular course of action is regarded as unacceptable!

It is a sad reflection on the way in which TalkTalk Community is managed, that it is impossible to make contact regarding a problem with the logging in procedure, without first ……….. logging in!

I had a 2-1/2 hour ‘Online chat’ session with TalkTalk Customer Support regarding the matter, but pretty-much as expected, I simply got the runaround, and ended up right back where I started. Nowhere!

I am aware that the thinkbroadband website is visited by users of the TalkTalk Community forum, including the ‘Online Community Executive’, and ‘Community Star’ echelon; one in particular has even recently expounded the virtues of this very forum, but still no response!

~R.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 22-Sep-17 12:50:47
Print Post

Your best bet is to get in touch with their Twitter team, create a temp twitter account if necessary. I believe their Twitter team is manned by the same Warrington based staff as their forums (OCEs).

twitter.com/talktalk

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10 running Voxel
Standard User Brunel
(experienced) Sat 23-Sep-17 08:02:05
Print Post

Richard_Savage Insightful One
Standard User Rycharde
(newbie) Sat 23-Sep-17 12:53:22
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Thanks baby_frogmella; I had some success with the twitter approach you advised, but matters are yet to reach a totally satisfactory outcome. That may be too much to expect however, even given MY low expectations!

~R.

Richard Savage ~ Wise Owl

Edited by Rycharde (Sat 23-Sep-17 12:53:54)

Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(member) Sat 23-Sep-17 14:02:28
Print Post

I have posted your problem in the TT forum with luck someone will contact you here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/TA...

Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(member) Sat 23-Sep-17 14:59:43
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

eebdsirhc posted over at the TT forum -

All his posts seem to list him as :-

Richard_Savage

You could tell him to try that.

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Sat 23-Sep-17 15:00:24)

Standard User Rycharde
(newbie) Mon 25-Sep-17 11:39:35
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

Thanks for your assistance Chippy_Tea; it is much appreciated.

Having logged-in over a period of around 1,500 day’s, probably 10 times a day - a conservative estimate of 15,000 logins — and delivering in excess of 1,000 posts, as Richard Savage - facts which can be clearly viewed on my systems, stored by three different browsers, across four platforms, and in scores of thread pages, saved as .pdf’s - why would I suddenly need to introduce an underscore into my ‘Login name’?

But hey-ho, the vagaries of TalkTalk strike again eh? At the present time, the solution remains a mystery. I have been informed that the matter is in the hands of the technical support team, who will tweet me - whatever that means! - with their dissertations …….. sometime in the future!

~R.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 25-Sep-17 11:46:58
Print Post

Have you tried logging in with the underscore?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to