User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(member) Mon 25-Sep-17 14:22:48
Print Post

Re: TALKTALK COMMUNITY LOGIN ERROR!

[re: Rycharde] [link to this post]

Is this you - 1186 posts - joined 31/10/15 - https://s26.postimg.org/et695dhnt/ggg.jpg

I have been using lastpass for a couple of years as was always forgetting passwords - https://www.lastpass.com/how-it-works

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Mon 25-Sep-17 14:30:04)

Standard User Rycharde
(newbie) Tue 26-Sep-17 14:50:37
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

No I haven’t BatBoy, however, I checked on Monday 25 September 2017 ~ 12:03, and apparently Richard_Savage was ‘Last online: 3 days ago’, I.E. Saturday 23 September 2017.

Have I tried logging in with the underscore, no I haven't BatBoy!

My last, and as it turned out abortive, attempt, was Tuesday 19 September 2017 ~ 20:45, 6 days previous, so somebody is playing silly beggars, and it is pointing right at forum management!

I have also received a e.mail, at 26 September 2017 07:49, from no-reply@community-notifications.talktalk.co.uk, to my alternative / verification / authentication e.mail address, following a request for a password reset, from RichardSavage111, who registered 12 November 2015, and was last on line ……… 1 Year ago!

Something ain’t right!

~R.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 26-Sep-17 14:52:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by Rycharde:
Have I tried logging in with the underscore, no I haven't BatBoy!
I suggest you try it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Rycharde
(newbie) Tue 26-Sep-17 14:57:06
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

Yes, that could be me, or on the other hand, and no, I don’t have any problem recalling passwords, they are in the keychain. It’s a mystery!

~R.

Edited by Rycharde (Tue 26-Sep-17 21:29:07)

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 26-Sep-17 15:00:41
Print Post

why would I suddenly need to introduce an underscore into my ‘Login name’?
Because that was their first suggestion in response to Chippy-Tea's post.
(member) Tue 26-Sep-17 15:10:35
Print Post

PS ~ Yes, that could be me, or on the other hand, and no, I don’t have any problem recalling passwords, they are in the keychain. It’s a mystery!

I may be missing something here, you are saying the person with the underscore (below) could be you then you are saying you didn't have an underscore in your username wouldn't it be a good idea to try logging in with the underscore.

Is this you - 1186 posts - joined 31/10/15 - https://s26.postimg.org/et695dhnt/ggg.jpg

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Tue 26-Sep-17 15:16:23)

Standard User Rycharde
(newbie) Tue 26-Sep-17 16:29:58
Print Post

Yes Chippy_Tea_ I am indeed stating, categorically, that I have never, ever, entered Richard_Savage as a user name, and I can prove it!

However, as suggested, I have now attempted to log in using Richard_Savage and I get a nice little message which says .............

That login name and password combination do not match any valid user on this community

On the assumption that this is password error, on my part, I have requested a password reset. I'll get back to you.

~R.
Standard User Rycharde
(newbie) Wed 27-Sep-17 13:47:37
Print Post

Good day Chippy_Tea_ / BatBoy.

At 26 September 2017, I requested a Login name Richard_Savage password reset, and the following statement was displayed:

‘Email sent. You should receive an email with a link to reset your password shortly.’

I waited for the e.mail to arrive, then I waited some more, and then some more, and then ………….. I went to bed.

An e.mail, timed at 26/09/2017 ~ 21:36, arrived in my inbox at 27/09/2017 ~ 06:03. It contains the following footnote:

For security reasons and to keep your community account super secure, this link is only valid for a few hours after which it will expire and you'll need to request a password reset again.

……. so I was clearly out of time!

Once again I requested a password reset, but with limited success, since at different points during the process, I was presented with one, or more, or other, of the following notes:

‘That login name and password combination do not match any valid user on this community.’

‘Correct highlighted areas and try again.’

’We are unable to reset your password because the token has expired’

‘You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.’

So, at this time, my TalkTalk Community access remains elusive!

~R.

PS ~ I am yet to receive any form of update from [twitter] TalkTalk technical support!

Edited by Rycharde (Wed 27-Sep-17 20:47:09)

(member) Wed 27-Sep-17 15:51:14
Print Post

Yes Chippy_Tea_ I am indeed stating, categorically, that I have never, ever, entered Richard_Savage as a user name, and I can prove it!

However, as suggested, I have now attempted to log in using Richard_Savage and I get a nice little message which says .............

That login name and password combination do not match any valid user on this community

On the assumption that this is password error, on my part, I have requested a password reset. I'll get back to you.

~R.

I will put it another way, if you read the 1000+ posts by Richard_Savage were they posted by you?

Standard User Rycharde
(newbie) Wed 27-Sep-17 21:10:00
Print Post

All posts made by me, between 31 October 2013 and prior to, 19 September 2017, were made under the User name Richard Savage. There is no Richard_Savage!

In the ‘Need some help?’ dialogue - E.G. > Forum Index > Sign In to TalkTalk Community - if I key ‘Users’, from the drop-down menu, enter Richard_Savage, in ’Search the community’, and key search, the response I get is …….

’No search results found.’

There is no user with the Login name Richard_Savage; Community Star eebdsirhc appears to have conjured that one up!

If you follow the above search sequence Chippy_Tea_, what response do you get?

~R.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to