User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User vitrocmax
(newbie) Wed 27-Sep-17 22:05:44
Print Post

Re: TALKTALK COMMUNITY LOGIN ERROR!

[re: Rycharde] [link to this post]

I just did a search for Richard and nothing else, out of 718 options I sorted by post and there's a RichardSavage, no spaces or underscore, with 1186 posts since 31-10-15. Top poster with the name of Richard.

About me says '30 years a facilitator, 10 years a factotum!'

Last online 4 days ago.

Is that you?

edit to add 'about me' quote

Edited by vitrocmax (Wed 27-Sep-17 22:08:41)

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 27-Sep-17 22:18:07
Print Post

[re: vitrocmax] [link to this post]

eebdsirhc Community Star
34 minutes ago
@Chippy_Tea_

Don't know if you want to post this on Thinkbroadband or not, but it looks like his community id has been changed.

It is now just RichardSavage, no space no underscore.
Standard User eebdsirhc
(committed) Thu 28-Sep-17 16:49:33
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Rycharde - a test message has been sent to the "RichardSavage" TalkTalk user id. Can you confirm if a notification is received.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Rycharde
(newbie) Fri 29-Sep-17 08:34:55
Print Post

[re: vitrocmax] [link to this post]

Thanks for your interest vitrocmax, and yes, the posts certainly have the appearance of being mine - green, Comic Sans font, ~R. signature, blinking BBC owl avatar - but, my Log in name is Richard Savage, as in the 19-05-2017 08:23 AM Online Community Executive Ady post here -

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/di...

It is not Richard-Savage, Richard_Savage, RichardSavage, Richard.Savage, RichardSavage111, or any other combination of characters, and has been since 31 October 2013, up until things went tips-up sometime prior to 19 September 2017, the date of my last log in attempt, which makes my most recent log in over 8 days before the 27 September 2017, and NOT 4 days as stated!

‘Community Star’ eebdsirhc seems to know something about what is going on, but appears to have successfully diverted my original request for involvement on the matter away from the Online Community Executive, who may conceivably be in a position to throw some light on the situation!

~R.

PS ~ I am yet to receive any updates from twitter!
Standard User Rycharde
(newbie) Fri 29-Sep-17 08:38:07
Print Post

[re: eebdsirhc] [link to this post]

No eebdsirhc, I cannot confirm the receipt of a test message notification! at this time!

~R.
Standard User eebdsirhc
(committed) Fri 29-Sep-17 10:04:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by Rycharde:
‘Community Star’ eebdsirhc seems to know something about what is going on, but appears to have successfully diverted my original request for involvement on the matter away from the Online Community Executive, who may conceivably be in a position to throw some light on the situation!

WHAT !!!!!!

It is reasonably clear that your logon user name has somehow been corrupted. I (and other people on this Thinkbroadband forum) have been making suggestions as to how you can try to identify the problem - by testing the easily identified name attached to all your post. You seem to ignore other people's sensible advise.

I responded to Chippy_Tea_'s request to help you by raising this problem on the TT forums. How is that "diverting your request".

I identified the corrupt names in the TT directories, and passed the information to help you. How is that "diverting your request".

I sent a test email to you to try and see if the user id was actively responding. How is that "diverting your request".

No one other than myself has raised this issue with the OCE's - how is that "diverting your request" ?

Look at some other facts ..................

3 people on these forums pointed out the Richard_Savage corruption - not just myself.

Your TT profile says you joined in 2015, not the 2013 you keep quoting. So inaccurate information.

The RichardSavage111 TalkTalk account was created just 12 or 13 days after the Richard Savage account back in 2015, what are the odds of that ?

You say you have contacted the TT twitter feed, then in a latter post you say you don't know what a tweet is.

TBB users point you to what are very obviously your posts and you don't confirm them because the user name is wrong !

Of all the people on the TT forums you appear to be the only person reporting this issue - so a reasonable question would be what did you do with your personal details just before this corruption occurred.

As a TT forum moderator I am bound by certain guidelines that occasionally prevent me from telling forum members what I really think about their posts. This is one of them.

It would appear to be appropriate that I no longer try to assist you with this issue.

Edited by eebdsirhc (Fri 29-Sep-17 12:22:51)

Standard User eebdsirhc
(committed) Fri 29-Sep-17 10:51:12
Print Post

[re: eebdsirhc] [link to this post]

One last addition.

I have just been informed via the OCEs that your user name has been changed to "RichardSavage" - (no underlines and no spaces) to rectify the problem.
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(member) Fri 29-Sep-17 16:50:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by Rycharde:
Thanks for your interest vitrocmax, and yes, the posts certainly have the appearance of being mine - green, Comic Sans font, ~R. signature, blinking BBC owl avatar - but, my Log in name is Richard Savage, as in the 19-05-2017 08:23 AM Online Community Executive Ady post here -

Why do you say "the posts certainly have the appearance of being mine" they either are or are not, you appear to be playing some sort of silly game and have been throughout this thread why would anyone not test the username with the underscore as was suggested earlier in the thread, it looks like you finally got your problem sorted but to be honest i wish i had not bothered wasting my time trying to help as you did nothing to help yourself.

Standard User Rycharde
(newbie) Tue 03-Oct-17 11:46:03
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

FOR THE RECORD!

I acknowledge your concerns Chippy_Tea_, and I appreciate your forthright and honest response, but I can assure you, I am deadly serious regarding the disruption to my user identity, and the ‘problem’; remains far from being sorted out; but since I would not wish it to be the cause of any animosity between us, I must accept your reasons to disregard any further posting on my part.

The above notwithstanding, and with due regard to your statement, Quote: ‘ ……. why would anyone not test the username with the underscore as was suggested earlier in the thread …….. ‘, I did; and may I respectfully draw your attention to my Tue 26-Sep-17 16:29:58 and Wed 27-Sep-17 13:47:37 posts, where I made reference to my experience with that particular process.

A further request for a password reset made by me at 29/09/2017 20:49, was delivered at 30/09/2017 07:13:04 - Dated after the reply to a previous 29/09/2017 22:52 request incidentally! - and as a consequence, void, for the following reason!

Quote: ‘For security reasons and to keep your community account super secure, this link is only valid for a few hours after which it will expire and you'll need to request a password reset again.’

[The most recent password reset arrived at 30/9/2017, 15:20, and was dated 27/09/2017, 21:55, a 4 day delay, unbelievable!]

So why was my user name changed from Richard Savage, to Richard_Savage, in the first place? It was because the space character was removed from those that are now regarded as acceptable for inclusion in a user name! Unfortunately, nobody had the courtesy, or forethought, to inform the hundreds of users who have a space in there handle. There has been no corruption!

Why was another, existing, user name changed, from RichardSavage to RichardSavage111? This was so that Richard_Savage could then be changed to RichardSavage. Why?

I have had no personal experience of the Richard_Savage user name, but I do appreciate that is not possible for two users to have the same handle, or for any user to personally change their existing handle, so whatever shuffling-about took place was clearly NOT down to me, and the individual who was, is conspicuous by they’re lack of involvement in putting things right!

Returning to the most recent incarnation of ‘my’ user name, RichardSavage, the last time I checked, it remains inaccessible.

Try and put yourself in my position Chippy_Tea_. After hundreds of successful, effortless logging in to TalkTalk Community, using Richard Savage, you receive the messages:

‘Correct the highlighted errors and try again.’
[Login name]
‘Contains one or more invalid characters. This field can
contain letters, numbers, and special characters, such as dashes or
underscores. Spaces are not permitted.’

What are your immediate thoughts? Has the account been violated, have I entered the correct information, is the automatic sign in data incorrect, either way, you reenter the required data; maybe several times, but you still get the error message, so it looks like you’ve got a problem.

Assume that the user name is Chippy Tea, and the entry parameters have been changed, so the way ahead has got to be, contact TalkTalk Community, so, sign in and post the problem that you have a sign in problem, except ……. you cannot sign in.

That was where I found myself, and it was at this point you offered your assistance; but the situation, far from improving, has worsened, and I presently find myself in exactly the same position now, that I was to begin with, I cannot sign in with RichardSavage, and I cannot reset the password.

Some very strange things have been going on, and I continue in my hope that an omission as to the real cause of this particular anomaly might be forthcoming, but all I appear to have succeeded in doing is to make myself unpopular with other posters!

I was rather hoping for an intervention from a member of the Online Community Executive before now, to sort out the problem, which was why I included the statement, Quote: ‘ please bring the following problem to the attention of the Online Community Executive ……. ‘.

However, I understand that some areas of the forum are apparently not monitored by the Online Community Executive, although I am not aware of any official demarcation. Perhaps your post might have been better placed Chippy_Tea_. Sorry, but you did question the location of the post yourself Chippy_Tea_!

My comment notwithstanding, why was the post not moved, to a more suitable location, where it might receive the requested attention, and why was it not escalated; not even once? Actually, on reflection, I think I know the reason for that!

As of the time of this post, after 15 day’s, 5 apparent changes of user identity, the assistance offered by 5 thinkbroadband.com forum members, no direct involvement from the [TalkTalk] Online Community Executive, from any source - despite my specific request for their assistance - not even an official acknowledgement of the fact that a problem even exists, interaction with the Community forum continues to elude me!

Customer services inform that they cannot help, and that I should contact technical support; technical support inform me that they cannot assist me, and that I should contact customer services.

A complaint has been logged, on my behalf, but the only means of contact to discuss it, is by telephone, and, as I have previously advised both contacts, audio contact is not an option. It is just as well I do not have a real problem!

I initially registered with the Community with little more than one thing in mind; getting technical help if I needed it, but ended-up providing more help than I am ever likely to receive.,

Although I still do not have access to the forum, I now notice that the [Blinking Owl] avatar has also mysteriously disappeared. Who is responsible for that? What next I wonder? How should a communication company communicate? I despair!

Apologies for the length of the post, but things needed to be said!

~R.

E&OE
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(member) Tue 03-Oct-17 13:52:44
Print Post

I haven't a clue why they have changed your username but it cannot be to get rid of underscores as i have two in mine and it still works - Chippy_Tea_

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Tue 03-Oct-17 13:54:47)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to