User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Rycharde
(newbie) Wed 04-Oct-17 00:33:26
Print Post

Re: TALKTALK COMMUNITY LOGIN ERROR!

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

NOW WILL SOMEBODY BELIEVE ME!

As I stated previously, I know exactly why my sign in name has been changed, and other users are experiencing the same problem.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/...

ERROR [Login name] ’Contains one or more invalid characters. This field can
contain letters, numbers, and special characters, such as dashes or
underscores. Spaces are not permitted.’

It is not a case of removing a underscore, but a case of adding a underscore, to replace any existing space[s], but nobody seems prepared to believe me!

Your sign in name Chippy_Tea_, meets the above requirement, but mine - Richard Savage, - and Radio Active Man does not!

~R.

PS ~ With respect to the opening statement in my Tue 03-Oct-17 ~11:46:03 post, I would very much appreciate it if someone would draw the attention of Community Star Gondola to my thread here, via the above hyperlink.

Edited by Rycharde (Wed 04-Oct-17 04:26:06)

Standard User eebdsirhc
(committed) Wed 04-Oct-17 09:42:41
Print Post

[re: Rycharde] [link to this post]

For information only.

As you have already been informed your problem was escalated to the forum management by myself and your log in name was corrected to a valid format, as it turns out by StephenF - the Community Manager. You cannot get a higher authority on the forums than that.

Anything beyond that is simply your conjecture and misunderstanding (including your supposed proof link).

RichardSavage - 1180 posts, 282 likes, 26 answers - clearly and easily accessible.

Edited by eebdsirhc (Wed 04-Oct-17 15:48:23)

Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(member) Wed 04-Oct-17 15:12:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by Rycharde:
Your sign in name Chippy_Tea_, meets the above requirement, but mine - Richard Savage, - and Radio Active Man does not!

DOH, i had a massive senior moment there. laugh

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Rycharde
(newbie) Fri 06-Oct-17 08:04:01
Print Post

[re: eebdsirhc] [link to this post]

Standard User eebdsirhc
(committed) Wed 04-Oct-17 09:42:41

[Incorrect data / comment!]

RichardSavage - 1180 posts, 282 likes, 26 answers - clearly and easily accessible.

Edited by eebdsirhc (Wed 04-Oct-17 15:48:23)

[Correct data / comment]

Null Avatar

RichardSavage 1,186 posts ~ 276 likes ~ 26 answers

. Last online 12 days ago

After 18 days, still unclear, still inaccessible, and still no Online Community Executive feed back!
Standard User eebdsirhc
(committed) Fri 06-Oct-17 14:07:10
Print Post

For the record .......................

TalkTalk forum management have today reported that Lithium are investigating the delays in email delivery - in particular forum notifications and password reset emails.

"and still no Online Community Executive feed back!"

The TT OCEs have nothing to do with the Thinkbroadband forums, I fail to understand why you expect them to respond to you here.

There has been OCE feedback on your issue, which I have fully reported on these forums, if you chose to ignore the contents of my posts that is your problem rather than mine or TalkTalk's. I have now just updated you with the latest information regarding password resets.

User - RichardSavage - 1186 posts, 282 likes, 26 solutions. According to my moderator's stats screen.

There for everyone to see and read every post (if they wanted to).

Edited by eebdsirhc (Fri 06-Oct-17 20:03:02)

Standard User eebdsirhc
(committed) Sat 07-Oct-17 08:06:49
Print Post

And another for the record ...................................

From some quick research I cannot find any other user on the whole of the TalkTalk forums who is raising issues concerning "disappearing" avatars (and smiley images).

I suspect you need to ask yourself what it is you are doing differently to (apparently) every other TT forum user.

Hint - if I were you I would start with the source or your little images, they do appear to be unique to yourself and are not from any TalkTalk library that I am aware of.

Edited by eebdsirhc (Sat 07-Oct-17 09:57:41)

Standard User eebdsirhc
(committed) Sat 07-Oct-17 14:05:49
Print Post

Re: TALKTALK COMMUNITY LOGIN ERROR! *DELETED*

Post deleted by eebdsirhc

Edited by eebdsirhc (Sat 07-Oct-17 14:10:35)

Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(member) Tue 10-Oct-17 16:24:13
Print Post

eebdsirhc if you are still following this could you look at this members thread as i have just answered it and obviously bumped it again, thanks - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/...
Standard User eebdsirhc
(committed) Tue 10-Oct-17 16:39:25
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

Yes, I'm aware of that thread - I will post a response there.

The easier way to draw my attention would have been to @mention me there as I monitor the TalkTalk forums on a regular basis, but not these Thinkbroadband forums.
Standard User Rycharde
(newbie) Tue 10-Oct-17 17:22:05
Print Post

In response to the Sat 07-Oct-17 08:06:49 post:

You do not specify the nature of the graphic you refer to eebdsirhc, but I will make the assumption that you are referring to the most recent avatar placement, which, is / was, the perfectly acceptable agif which I generated on Thursday 13 April 2017 ~ 00:30, shortly after I was branded a ’Wise Owl’.

Fred_Sheehan has been using the similarly generated graphic - fire_01.gif - since around March 2010, probably.

The version I uploaded on Sunday 16 April 2017 ~ 18:00, to the avatar location, was build #2. Unless it has been removed, you will find it in the Private album of my Photos, but why is it no longer linked to my registered user name?

Regarding my statistics, since Chippy_Tea_ quotes a figure of 1186 ~ Mon 25-Sep-17 14:22:48 & Tue 26-Sep-17 15:10:35, vitrocmax quotes a figure of 1186 ~ Wed 27-Sep-17 22:05:44, my banner presently displays: 1,186 posts / 276 likes / 26 answers, and my User statistics displays: 1186 posts / 276 likes / 26 answers / 1124 replies / 25 badges / 9 followers, then clearly, your moderator's stats screen, is in error!.

I no longer need to be concerned that e.mail responses to my requests for a password change are arriving after hours, or even after a day following my request, and are therefore as a consequence, timed-out, I am not getting e.mail responses from that particular source at all! Perhaps the e.mail you sent me - circa Fri 29-Sep-17 - has met with the same fate, because I am yet to receive that also!

Furthermore, I do not need to ask myself, Quote: ‘ what it is you are doing differently to (apparently) every other TT forum user, because, to date, I have now casually come across two other registered users, who have run into exactly the same problem!

There are scores of registered users with a space, or spaces, in their user name, who even now may well be looking for a way around the sign in error problem, but it is unlikely that they will surface, except on an occasional basis, because ………… how do you sign in to the TalkTalk Community, to get assistance, without firstly signing in to the TalkTalk Community, to complain that you cannot sign it to the TalkTalk Community?

The individuals in question have taken a different approach to the problem. One took the approach that you had previously denigrated, and which, under your advisement, I avoided, for what good it did me!

All you needed to do, to comply with my specific request, was to key the macro:

i have flagged this for the OCEs ..................

I would have be happy sit back to await their measured response, but you declared a corruption problem, which it isn't. If I were you eebdsirhc, I would be asking myself, why, after 21 day’s, and counting, has access to TalkTalk Community not been restored to this user, and why has the underlying reason for this charade not be dealt with at source.

~R

Edited by Rycharde (Tue 10-Oct-17 22:28:51)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to