User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(member) Tue 10-Oct-17 17:33:44
Print Post

Re: TALKTALK COMMUNITY LOGIN ERROR! *DELETED*

[re: eebdsirhc] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by eebdsirhc:
Yes, I'm aware of that thread - I will post a response there.

The easier way to draw my attention would have been to @mention me there as I monitor the TalkTalk forums on a regular basis, but not these Thinkbroadband forums.

I will do that if i need to get your attention in the future.

Standard User Rycharde
(newbie) Wed 11-Oct-17 12:40:05
Print Post

Re: TALKTALK COMMUNITY LOGIN ERROR!

[re: Rycharde] [link to this post]

Further to your 'TinternJason - no internet access and unable to log-in to forum' post Chippy_Tea_:

Quote: 'There is a lengthy thread about another member having the same problem and the solution here - http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/talktalk/f/4566226-...

What solution? For whatever reason, the sign-in sequence parameters were changed, rendering a space character unacceptable - a fact which as yet nobody has acknowledged - which has resulted in all users with one, or more, spaces in their registered user name being rejected at sign in.

Community management have attempted to firefight this, by offering to remove any existing space, or spaces, completely, or to replace the offending character with an acceptable one, which has resulted in at least one user having two user names. Although this arrangement has been denigrated by eebdsirhc as unacceptable, that fact has been ignored by community management.

There must scores of users, who are potentially effected by this problem alone, and who would as a consequence require a password reset.

The snow job may well have gone unnoticed, but the system objected on two fronts. Firstly by placing users in a continuous reset password e.mail loop, a hiding to nothing, and then by a delayed password reset e.mail delivery, and - in my case at least - no password reset e.mail delivery at all.

Solved, I think not, but allegedly, all my fault. However, I cannot work on a solution, because curiously, after 22 day's ………. I still cannot sign in!

~R.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 11-Oct-17 13:08:08
Print Post

So what’s stopping you now?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User eebdsirhc
(committed) Wed 11-Oct-17 15:36:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by Rycharde:
Although this arrangement has been denigrated by eebdsirhc as unacceptable, that fact has been ignored by community management.~R.

Rycharde - would you like to reference the quote where I denigrated this solution. I thought you were the person in this thread who quoted this as being unacceptable.

You say your thread has never been escalated - how do you imagine StephenF found out about your issue and modified your user name ?

There is no evidence of "scores" of user being effected. The vast majority of registered users, join the site, have their issues resolved, and then leave and are never seen again. So your "scores" is pure imagination and conjecture, unsupported by facts.

But purely for reference, a permanent solution to this issue has now been implemented.

Edited by eebdsirhc (Wed 11-Oct-17 19:34:32)

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 11-Oct-17 15:56:59
Print Post

But purely for reference, a permanent solution to this issue has now been implemented.
Which is...?
Standard User eebdsirhc
(committed) Wed 11-Oct-17 16:45:07
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Which is...?

Sorry, not sure I'm allowed to publicise the solution before it has been disclosed on the TalkTalk forums.

Edited by eebdsirhc (Wed 11-Oct-17 16:48:49)

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 11-Oct-17 16:47:24
Print Post

What's the worst that could happen? smile
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(member) Wed 11-Oct-17 16:48:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by Rycharde:
Further to your 'TinternJason - no internet access and unable to log-in to forum' post Chippy_Tea_:

Quote: 'There is a lengthy thread about another member having the same problem and the solution here - http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/talktalk/f/4566226-...

What solution?

My mistake that should have been reason not solution.

It doesn't help the members with problems getting back in but at least they now know what is causing it (the Emails)

Edit to add - Looks like there is now a solution.

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Wed 11-Oct-17 16:53:15)

Standard User eebdsirhc
(committed) Wed 11-Oct-17 16:51:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
What's the worst that could happen? smile

Well TalkTalk could change their minds about progressing that particular solution.

Wouldn't want to disseminate false information - so I'll wait until it becomes official.

Edited by eebdsirhc (Wed 11-Oct-17 16:55:22)

Standard User Rycharde
(newbie) Thu 12-Oct-17 08:09:08
Print Post

Thanks for your continued interest in my difficulties BatBoy. At the time of posting, the situation remains pretty-much the same as I described previously.

Step 1: If I attempt to sign in with the [alleged] user name RichardSavage - as yet I have been unable to verify it - I receive the following user name / password combination error message:

‘That login name and password combination do not match any valid user on this community.’

Step 2: Based on an assurance that the user name is correct - despite the multiple changes that it has undergone - I must assume that it is the password which is incorrect, so I opt for a password reset.

Step 3: The most recent ‘Reset your password …. ‘ e.mails - the count is presently 14 - to arrive were yesterday, 11/10/2017, late afternoon. One is dated 09/10/2017, 13:40, and the other, which arrived shortly BEFORE it, is dated 10/10/2017, 14:03, all of which have timed-out.

Step 4: Return to step one, and imitate the action of the Ouzelum bird!

I am presently aware of 4 threads running on the theme of the existing user name unacceptable space, and the ineffective password reset e.mail arrangement - Including mine, which Chippy_Tea_ thoughtfully posted on my behalf, but which has been ineffective - which have stalled, and are awaiting a response from management, but I refute the underlying reason is in any way due to my personal inadequacies as suggested.

That said, there is also some good news……… sort of, Quote:

‘Unfortunately there is an issue with password link emails and similar being delayed at the moment. Once this is resolved there is no reason why you should not be able to resurrect your old username, spaces and all.’

ferguson [Community Star] ~ TalkTalk Community management ~ 11 October 2017 / Time unavailable

However, I am not aware of any evidence that, Quote: ‘ ……… a permanent solution to this issue has now been implemented.’

eebdsirhc
Wed 11-Oct-17 16:45:07

~R.

Edited by Rycharde (Thu 12-Oct-17 08:11:17)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to