User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 26-Sep-17 09:57:12
Print Post

TT Business increasing prices

[link to this post]

Did anyone else receive the following email from TTB this morning?

https://goo.gl/4EahBn

As I'm still in mid-contract I guess i can leave the contract penalty free with 30 days notice? However, if they let me, I might just keep the voice service over copper as cancelling the whole shebang will leave me without a landline/mobile calling package - we make a lot of calls to mobiles so a VOIP service over FTTP isn't really an option. Otherwise its back to BT for my landline frown

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10 running Voxel

Edited by baby_frogmella (Tue 26-Sep-17 10:00:13)

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 26-Sep-17 10:13:17
Print Post

Re: TT Business increasing prices

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

I've migrated away from TT mid-contract before, before I did so I made sure they put a note on my account that I was leaving due to the price rise. Even though I did this, they still hit me with a contract breakage fee and I had to resolve it down the line.

Oliver.
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 26-Sep-17 23:25:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
- we make a lot of calls to mobiles so a VOIP service over FTTP isn't really an option.
Why do you say that?

Michael Chare

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-Sep-17 10:50:00
Print Post

As I'm still in mid-contract I guess i can leave the contract penalty free with 30 days notice? However, if they let me, I might just keep the voice service over copper as cancelling the whole shebang will leave me without a landline/mobile calling package - we make a lot of calls to mobiles so a VOIP service over FTTP isn't really an option. Otherwise its back to BT for my landline frown

Yes I got it - I asked the question about leaving, got no reply so far, this is from the support centre
when I get an answer I will post again

I also admit the complete package is good with the inclusive mobile and landline calls.. I am using less than 150GB a month due to working long days and hours. So I would be happy to cancel it all as I do most my business on my mobile these days and I have 100GB usage on it.

Edited by 23Prince (Wed 27-Sep-17 11:37:59)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-Sep-17 10:57:04
Print Post

I had a reply and it was.

"Yes you are free to leave within 30 days of receiving the letter details the price increase"

So there you go..

I'm going to start looking. No longer need what I have. ADSL would do me

Edited by 23Prince (Wed 27-Sep-17 11:04:27)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 01-Oct-17 10:31:44
Print Post

I started a migration away and then called them the next day to give notice, they were fine about it. And I have left after 7 months out of 24.
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 01-Oct-17 11:55:20
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
I started a migration away and then called them the next day to give notice, they were fine about it. And I have left after 7 months out of 24.

Me too, I've decided to migrate my voice line to Post Office (only 30 days contract & £40 cashback via Topcashback smile) so the TTB broadband will be ceased altogether. TTB called me on Fri begging me to stay, I told the lady "sorry love, I've made up my mind" and she put notes on my account saying I was leaving d/t price rise so hopefully they won't hit me with early termination charges.

Since VOIP services have moved on, I've also ordered a new sipgate basic line with PAYG service to test it. If this proves to be reliable over the next few months, I'll migrate my PO number over to this, cancel the PO service and pay just £10 pm for unlimited calls to UK landlines and mobiles on sipgate.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 01-Oct-17 12:25:28
Print Post

Me too, I've decided to migrate my voice line to Post Office (only 30 days contract & £40 cashback via Topcashback smile) so the TTB broadband will be ceased altogether. TTB called me on Fri begging me to stay, I told the lady "sorry love, I've made up my mind" and she put notes on my account saying I was leaving d/t price rise so hopefully they won't hit me with early termination charges.

Since VOIP services have moved on, I've also ordered a new sipgate basic line with PAYG service to test it. If this proves to be reliable over the next few months, I'll migrate my PO number over to this, cancel the PO service and pay just £10 pm for unlimited calls to UK landlines and mobiles on sipgate.

Well I have a contract starting a discount and fixed price for the entire 24 months. so they won't even dare to hit me with charges. I'm just going to somewhere cheap cheerful and BT based until I can move to the smaller players. Just working out which one is best for me.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 07-Oct-17 19:09:59
Print Post

Did you make any headway? I am literally leaving them next Friday after the increase.
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 07-Oct-17 19:58:33
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Did you make any headway? I am literally leaving them next Friday after the increase.

Yep, definitely leaving TTB for good. Post Office will be taking over my TTB phone line next Wed (11th oct) with the broadband ceasing. Hopefully I should know by the end of next week what my final TTB bill will be.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to