User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Sat 07-Oct-17 20:35:39
Print Post

Re: TT Business increasing prices

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
In reply to a post by 23Prince:
I started a migration away and then called them the next day to give notice, they were fine about it. And I have left after 7 months out of 24.

Me too, I've decided to migrate my voice line to Post Office (only 30 days contract & £40 cashback via Topcashback smile) so the TTB broadband will be ceased altogether. TTB called me on Fri begging me to stay, I told the lady "sorry love, I've made up my mind" and she put notes on my account saying I was leaving d/t price rise so hopefully they won't hit me with early termination charges.

Since VOIP services have moved on, I've also ordered a new sipgate basic line with PAYG service to test it. If this proves to be reliable over the next few months, I'll migrate my PO number over to this, cancel the PO service and pay just £10 pm for unlimited calls to UK landlines and mobiles on sipgate.

Do explain what your future setup will be. I take it will be a PO land line with broadband service overlaid with a sipgate web based solution for your voice calls on a PAYG basis. So let's have a comparison against the increased charges from TTB, with mostly free calls, against your PO line rental with broadband overlaid with a Sipgate PAYG VoIP service, where there will be call charges..

The TTB increase of just a £1 exc VAT is indeed unwelcome but is it worth the effort to jump ship for such a small sum?

You can now have call packages from some VoIP providers for a monthly fee but remember that reliability of VoIP is only as good as your broadband service and can be as low as 97%..
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 07-Oct-17 21:21:24
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by trolleybus:
The TTB increase of just a £1 exc VAT is indeed unwelcome but is it worth the effort to jump ship for such a small sum?

Even with the price increase I was set on keeping my landline with TTB...until they decided they were going to stop the talk2go smartphone service. The smartphone app was very useful in that you could link up to 5 smartphones to your account and use your calling plan even when abroad.

However with a VOIP service such as sipgate, i can potentially get the same TTB landline service for £9.99 per month with inclusive calls to mobiles & landline which i can also use on multiple smartphones using the Grandstream Wave or Zoiper app on iOS. Baby steps first though, I want to check the reliability & voice quality of VOIP before I completely get rid of my landline. Hence why I've taken a post office line (only 30 days contract) and that will run along side my sipgate voip service. My 330 Mbps FTTP line is rock solid so I'm not too worried about internet reliability. In any case incoming landline VOIP calls can automatically be diverted to mobiles in the event of the internet going down so there are backup measures in place.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10 running Voxel
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 07-Oct-17 23:10:45
Print Post

Did you make any headway? I am literally leaving them next Friday after the increase.

Yep, definitely leaving TTB for good. Post Office will be taking over my TTB phone line next Wed (11th oct) with the broadband ceasing. Hopefully I should know by the end of next week what my final TTB bill will be.

Sorry I totally forgot about the PO bit!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Oct-17 18:38:57
Print Post

I got the "We are charging you £125" letter in the post - told them it's not going to happen
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Oct-17 19:36:32
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

I got the "We are charging you £125" letter in the post - told them it's not going to happen

Do the T&C's apply equally to business and residential customers?
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Oct-17 19:55:49
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Thanks for the heads up, I guess they'll be trying to swindle me as well. Fun and games ahead with TTB!!

(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Oct-17 19:58:51
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:

In the price change notification, TTB very clearly state you can leave without penalty or charge:

Its important we give you the best possible value that makes sense for your needs, therefore if youd like to change or cancel anything without charge or penalty, call us on 0800 083 3003 within 30 days of receiving this email.

http://s2431.t.en25.com/e/es?s=2431&e=3603418&elqTra...

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Oct-17 20:51:19
Print Post

She even told me on the phone as long as it was within 30 days - it's fine.

Well I've migrated today - and sent a ticket to tell them to confirm.

I'll let you know
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Oct-17 21:01:35
Print Post

In the price change notification, TTB very clearly state you can leave without penalty or charge:

Does that include no charge for a broadband cease also? Judging from TTB resellers' price lists a cease fee of £32 to £40 seems normal.
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Oct-17 21:25:03
Print Post

Does that include no charge for a broadband cease also? Judging from TTB resellers' price lists a cease fee of £32 to £40 seems normal.

No idea about broadband cease charge and they couldn't tell me over the phone. I guess I will know soon.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to