User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(member) Sun 15-Oct-17 16:34:45
Print Post

TT Support.

[link to this post]

I have just read this on the TT forum, does he really think TT have knowingly given out millions of faulty routers, sometimes you have to feel sorry for the support team having to deal with people like this, i bet he isn't even a customer.

Poor hg633 router problems
So, my uncle is with talk talk after I warned him they were rubbish, the girl Iím seeing is also on talk talk, Iíve also told her theyíre rubbish. Anyway, both of them have this same issue which leads me to believe that the routers you provide people are faulty. This issue being that at any random moment in time it loses internet and the internet light comes up solid red. Coincidence? I think not, Iíve got through all the line statistics and I can see no issue, so stop giving people broken routers, no wonder you have the worst customer service ratings in the UK.

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Sun 15-Oct-17 16:40:02)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 15-Oct-17 16:42:20
Print Post

Re: TT Support.

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

I had the router with TTB and it was a beast tbh, solid as a rock!
(member) Sun 15-Oct-17 17:24:45
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
I had the router with TTB and it was a beast tbh, solid as a rock!

I had a HG633 for a few years and as you have probably read had some issues with the Wi-fi not Ethernet which was spot on, i now have the D-link-3782 and it has been rock solid.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 15-Oct-17 20:32:22
Print Post

No to be fair I had no problems with wifi or the router. ~Compared to the Billion I have now it was rock rock solid!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 16-Oct-17 11:34:56
Print Post

So they are saying its lost internet connection, but the line stats show zero evidence of a line drop?

It takes 10 seconds to 2 minutes for lines to resync, so unless monitoring very closely its possible a line might have dropped and resynced and be waiting on authentication layer

Put it another way if there was millions (and remember they have just 4 million customers) then it would be social media meltdown everyday with people saying streaming is being broken all the time by these random 'faults'

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 16-Oct-17 11:48:38
Print Post

Internet light going red is usually not a fault, often it is by design. The setting can be changed, but generally speaking any activity causes it to resolve itself:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Securi...

Streaming wise, most people have no problem, sure the WiFi performance varies a fair bit router to router, with the HG633 performing worse (usually) than the other models released since around 2014 (hg635, dlink 3782).
(member) Mon 16-Oct-17 13:23:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

They have locked the thread.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 17-Oct-17 16:01:46
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Could be the router has forgotten the username and password. happens a lot