User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User atherlon
(regular) Wed 18-Apr-18 17:02:16
Print Post

What [censored] speed on 40mbs

[link to this post]

My sister joined TalkTalk a few weeks ago and Iíve never seen such slow speeds since I upgraded from dial up

Her speed is fluctuating between 1< to a massive 19mbs but it also cuts of about 10 times in 15 mins and comes up with internet connection lost , this is on the cat5 connection NOT Wi-Fi

Today I phoned talk talk on her behalf and got a tech (?) who just kept stopping talking for minutes at a time , when I asked if she was still there she was so rude , anyway after 50 minutes she said that the speed of anywhere between 0 and 19 mbs was within parameters for 40 mbs . Iím with sky and if that was my broadband I would be on phone everyday and after 7 more days I would be with another isp

What a [censored] isp I WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW NEVER EVER HO WITH TALKTALK
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 18-Apr-18 18:11:19
Print Post

Re: What [censored] speed on 40mbs

[re: atherlon] [link to this post]

When the sister ordered what was the speed estimate given?

The advertised speeds of 38 Mbps and 76 Mbps are irrelevant it is what the estimate for that line that matters. The TalkTalk router should report the current connection speeds in its web interface too.

A link to a speed test done on https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest may help too.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Wed 18-Apr-18 19:03:12
Print Post

Re: What [censored] speed on 40mbs

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Give the support forum a try the OCE's are really helpful and will get this sorted for your sister remember its not live support so after posting give it at least 24 hours during week days for a reply as adding more posts sends your thread to the back of the queue - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to