User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User burble
(member) Tue 19-Jun-18 19:09:52
Print Post

TalkTalk pull a fast one!

[link to this post]

Yes I know it will probably be in the contract...
TalkTalk claim (along lines of) "We won't put up the price during your contract"
So I've received a email saying "We have said we won't put up price of your broadband contract, but we are putting up the price of 'add on' by £1.50"
I will need to double check but I think the base price for 'anytime calls' is £8 (or is it £10) either way £1.50 is a high percentage increase, even more so when I have it on offer of £5. Seems to me that the latest CEO knows how to upset people, under Dido I never had any price increases whilst in contract.
Standard User iefbr14
(newbie) Wed 20-Jun-18 09:34:08
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk pull a fast one!

[re: burble] [link to this post]

TalkTalk's argument is that the anytime calls is not part of "the contract". The fixed price contract is for broadband and line rental etc. not the things you subsequently choose to add on.

But £1.50p is a significant increase, and not that long since the previous price increase for this item. But check what the discount you have is, a fixed price discount or a percentage discount. My anytime call is £2.50 a month off, so I get the full £1.50p increase.

But sorry - no price increases when Dido was CEO - that definitely doesn't correlate with my memory.
Standard User craski
(committed) Wed 20-Jun-18 16:45:00
Print Post

[re: iefbr14] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by iefbr14:
But sorry - no price increases when Dido was CEO - that definitely doesn't correlate with my memory.

I agree. I cancelled a Talk Talk contract when Dido was CEO after they raised the price on mine a few months into an 18 month contract.

Zen Business FTTC BQM
Talk Talk Business FTTC BQM
IDNET ADSL BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Wed 20-Jun-18 21:26:46
Print Post

[re: craski] [link to this post]

Last week I asked TT on its website to quote for BB/unlimited calls package and was horrified to be faced with two options:
(1) Yes, it's my line and I'd like to switch it to TalkTalk
(2) Yes it's my phone line but I would like a new number. No engineer visit is required. A new phone number will be sent to you.

The form could not proceed until I had clicked one of these options. I mailed them:
I have tried to obtain prices for a ADSL2/unlimited daytime calls package on your website but cannot do so without quoting my phone number. The wording on your site says: "Yes, I would like to switch my phone to Talktalk".
Having been slammed by TT seven years ago following your takeover of Tiscali there is no way I would agree to this. Why not return to your old website quoting BB prices plus the extras as individual items? Your website doesn't even give an email for queries such as this, I had to find your complaints address via Google.
You might like to consider changing this feature which ensures that I and my relatives shall continue to stay well clear of Talktalk.
Hope this helps -- and all the best in this demanding marketplace

Talktalk replied:
I do understand your concern and do apologise for any inconvenience caused. This is not the kind of experience we want you to have and I can understand why you have been very frustrated.
Please be advised that in order for me to be able to open up a non-customer complaint for you, I will need you to provide us with the following information:
First Name
Surname
Telephone
Address Line 1
Post Code
Please contact our customer service team on 0345 172 0088 to discuss your query with one of our specially trained advisors.

I gave up as I didn't fancy being slammed again.
Standard User KelvinBridge
(regular) Wed 20-Jun-18 22:41:16
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

I do hope that Talk Talk isn't based in Gosport a town and borough in South Hampshire !

Edited by KelvinBridge (Wed 20-Jun-18 22:42:48)

Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 25-Jun-18 11:53:34
Print Post

[re: burble] [link to this post]

Using VOIP for making calls might well save you money.

Michael Chare
  Print Thread

Jump to