User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User danielhyde
(newbie) Wed 15-Aug-18 12:03:37
Print Post

Strange Fault

[link to this post]

Hi All,

Our director has a TalkTalk Business line installed at his house so he can work from home.
Whilst he was out this morning his Ring Doorbell recorded an Openreach engineer knocking at the door, the engineer left as there was no answer.
About half an hour after the engineer left and the broadband disconnected and there is no dial tone on the landline.
If I ring the landline number it rings but his landline doesn't ring. it seems as if the engineer has connected the line to someone else's house.
Is there nay way to escalate this to get it resolved quicker as it appears to be work by an engineer has caused this issue? I have already reported it to TalkTalk.

Kind Regards
Daniel Hyde
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 15-Aug-18 13:01:05
Print Post

Re: Strange Fault

[re: danielhyde] [link to this post]

Down to TalkTalk to escalate with their supplier

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User danielhyde
(newbie) Wed 15-Aug-18 13:17:29
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew, I thought that was the case.
I was just hoping something else could be done as I'm getting chased constantly by the director.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 15-Aug-18 14:02:20
Print Post

Best chance would have been catching engineer when they were local, now its down to TalkTalk to chase as much as you are being chased

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User danielhyde
(newbie) Wed 15-Aug-18 14:05:14
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The Director has just popped out to get something out his car and he said there is a device that looks like some kind of tester connected where the wiring goes into the house.
I've told him to grab the engineer when he comes back to get it.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 15-Aug-18 14:36:07
Print Post

Sounds like a job was being down and kit to help identify the pair was fitted and this would stop the phone/broadband working.

A risk engineer has left this behind and is gone from area, so if it was me I'd check the route between property and cabinet asap.

Other option is picture of tester connected tweeted to @OpenreachHelp

Standard User danielhyde
(newbie) Wed 15-Aug-18 14:58:49
Print Post

I've just tweeted Openreach see below:
https://twitter.com/DanielHyde/status/10297278461792...

Edited by danielhyde (Wed 15-Aug-18 15:00:11)

Standard User rego
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 16-Aug-18 09:17:43
Print Post

Hi Daniel

I had a very similar problem a few months back. Openreach had come out to repair a neighbors phone and in the process disconnected mine. As an essential telephone user i.e. I have a care alarm connected to the phone. Talk talk were able to get an engineer back that day. However my good line was then swapped to an inferior faulty one in the process. Talk talk were brilliant and got straight back on to Openreach and got the problem sorted with my phone and broadband the following day. Sadly my neighbors phone was still faulty.

P.S. it may be worth notifying talk talks CEO office of the problem.

Edited by rego (Thu 16-Aug-18 09:20:46)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 16-Aug-18 09:36:40
Print Post

[re: rego] [link to this post]

Twitter has the answer....

Engineer returned and appears a neighbour had given the wrong address so a line was in the process of being moved, that move was subsequently undone.

Print Thread

Jump to