User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sosodef
(newbie) Sat 08-Sep-18 19:10:40
Print Post

Talktalk out of 10

[link to this post]

Dear all,

I am in the Redbridge area and looking to move to Talktalk from VM due to price increases.
How do rate Talktalk fibre 35mb or 63mb.

I have about 2 devices that connect to the internet and occasionally stream and download.

My cabinet says I can get 63MB fibre downloads.

Also would I need a phone line? As I donít have one at the moment....except the one from virgin.

Many thanks,

Chris

Edited by sosodef (Sat 08-Sep-18 19:41:47)

Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Sat 08-Sep-18 20:41:52
Print Post

Re: Talktalk out of 10

[re: sosodef] [link to this post]

I have the faster fibre package capped at 38Mbps and these are my speeds, i have been a TT customer more than 10 years and am not looking to move.

There are 3 of us and we use the internet a lot.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/_assets/speedtest/but...

I haven't a clue about the Virgin line but am sure someone will advise soon.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Sep-18 21:37:20
Print Post

I was with TT from 2010 to 2017 and very happy with the service, only left them as I paid to get a FTTP line installed and obviously TT don't do Openreach flavoured FTTP.

My TT experience:

Line speeds and service reliability: 9/10

Phone Support: 5/10

Forum Support: 8/10

If you don't mind using their forum for support then TT offer excellent value for money smile

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Brunel
(experienced) Sun 09-Sep-18 01:37:50
Print Post

You would need to have a new 'phone line installed. T.T. can arrange this.
Standard User sosodef
(newbie) Sun 09-Sep-18 09:05:43
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

Thanks all for your replies. Really useful info. Didn't know I need a phone line Brunel, even though I am looking for just the broadband. I guess I will have to pay for the phone line even though I dont use it. So they can't use the phone line from virgin?

Wow baby_frogmella that is encouraging. I see....FTTP is much better than FTTC. My local exchange says FTTC is available in some areas. How much of a difference in download will this mean?

Chippy Tea that is good to hear. All i read online is that people have bad experience of TT. Do you have have FTTC aswell?

I have VM at the moment but they keep hiking the price even after negotiating and I dont use TV hardly. Anyone got the TT 63MB package?
Standard User tthom
(committed) Sun 09-Sep-18 10:04:17
Print Post

All depends on the exchange. I lasted 1 month with them into a 12 month contract.

Speed 63meg during the day 3meg at night. Flip side my friend is on another exchange and gets full speeds always

2 out of 10 since I was last with them

Broadband Providers Aoll/O2/Virgin Media(Cable)/BE/BT infinity/Talktalk/BT Infinity 60/11 Sync
[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/3798886040.png[/img]

Edited by tthom (Sun 09-Sep-18 19:48:14)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 09-Sep-18 11:00:37
Print Post

Worried you are mixed up on the speeds you can get...

What does https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm give for the FTTC speed range, pick the address checker then type in your postcode and it will offer a list of addresses

The 63 Mbps is the advertised speed, not your individual estimate

FTTP is better than FTTC, but apart from a small area of York TalkTalk do not sell FTTP. So difference in speed is irrelevant unless moving to the York.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(committed) Sun 09-Sep-18 12:41:45
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
My TT experience:

Line speeds and service reliability: 9/10

Phone Support: 5/10

Forum Support: 8/10

If you don't mind using their forum for support then TT offer excellent value for money smile

I forgot to add a score to my original post and agree with the above.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Sep-18 12:57:06
Print Post

I had BT and TalkTalk in my home, one for business one for personal, they both ran just as well as one another. Most of the family used the TalkTalk one in the end as the TalkTalk HG635 range was better than the HomeHub 5, shame they changed that router to the HG633 which is nowhere near as good WiFi wise.

Out of 10, everything a 10 (speed, reliability etc), apart from phone customer services which gets a 2/10, it is awful.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Sun 09-Sep-18 12:57:27)

(committed) Sun 09-Sep-18 13:36:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by sosodef:
Wow baby_frogmella that is encouraging. I see....FTTP is much better than FTTC. My local exchange says FTTC is available in some areas. How much of a difference in download will this mean?

Chippy Tea that is good to hear. All i read online is that people have bad experience of TT. Do you have have FTTC aswell?

Most of the moaning about bad experience is done by TT customers who have problems and struggle with phone support, if you have issues try the online live chat on the TT webpage which i have used and prefer to phone support, the support forum is also very good but is not 24/7 as they do not work weekends.

I have FTTC and the faster fibre package which is capped at 38 Mbps if you add the speed boost (£5 per month last time i looked) the cap is taken off and you can get up to 76 Mbps, i average 35 Mbps using the TBB speed tester and that is more than enough for what our family need and we do use it a lot.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to