User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ripley
(experienced) Fri 21-Sep-18 14:18:34
Print Post

Old Nildram Email Address

[link to this post]

Does anybody know how to reset the password on an old nildram email address? The domain @gotadsl.co.uk

Nildram have been gone for a number of years but my email still works. I want to set it up on my new phone but can't remember the password!

Ive found the attached login screen, however there is no means to reset the password and it doesn't say who runs the service

https://pop3.gotadsl.co.uk

Freeserve Dial-Up --> BTopenworld --> <n>ildram -->Talk Talk LLU --> ZeN
ASUS RT-AC66U
Standard User kitfit1
(newbie) Fri 21-Sep-18 16:52:23
Print Post

Re: Old Nildram Email Address

[re: Ripley] [link to this post]

Clicked on the link provided, Waterfox refused go there and had it done, Kaspersky AV would have refused to load it anyway.
Standard User iefbr14
(newbie) Fri 21-Sep-18 19:54:06
Print Post

If you go on to the TalkTalk Community Forums they will be able to sort you out one way or another.

Edited by iefbr14 (Fri 21-Sep-18 19:59:56)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mking90031
(newbie) Fri 21-Sep-18 22:32:00
Print Post

Hi,

I've done a whois and it came back with the registrar of Ascio Technologies Inc. Denmark (http://www.ascio.com).

HTH,

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 22-Sep-18 13:00:07
Print Post

[re: mking90031] [link to this post]

The registrar doesn't really help with who the domain owner is though, because the registrar won't be giving that information out for data protection reasons.

In any case the IP address suggests these people are hosting the mailbox: https://www.verygoodemail.com/

Oliver.
Standard User ggremlin
(experienced) Sat 22-Sep-18 13:58:24
Print Post

how do you normally access the email?
if its though outlook or suchlike you may be able to 'show password', similarly so if accessed though a web browser which has remembered password.

else you might be able to use wireshark, (or similar) and see what is sent.
Standard User iefbr14
(newbie) Sat 22-Sep-18 14:44:34
Print Post

[re: iefbr14] [link to this post]

Nildram at some point finished up managed or owned by TalkTalk (or may have been TalkTalk's business unit).

Just go on the TT forums and ask, the OCE's on there are very helpful and have helped other ex-Nildram users in the past.
Standard User Mygri
(member) Sat 22-Sep-18 18:22:52
Print Post

[re: iefbr14] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by iefbr14:
Nildram at some point finished up managed or owned by TalkTalk (or may have been TalkTalk's business unit).

Just go on the TT forums and ask, the OCE's on there are very helpful and have helped other ex-Nildram users in the past.

I've just left Talk Talk Business and had 2 (still functioning!) @gotadsl.co.uk addresses, so TTB does indeed own that domain. Their helpline is 0800 083 3003. I suggest you ring them during weekday working hours, when you are more likely to get a UK-based responder.

Good Luck

Btw, I only left because they don't do FTTP, which has become available at my address, and the ADSL is inadequate for my household's needs.

Cheers, Mike
Standard User Ripley
(experienced) Mon 24-Sep-18 16:53:07
Print Post

[re: mking90031] [link to this post]

Good bit of detective work, yes they are indeed hosting it. From the ascio website you can get to the gotadsl.co.uk login screen.

Seems strange it is just sat there and working, but I won't complain!

Freeserve Dial-Up --> BTopenworld --> <n>ildram -->Talk Talk LLU --> ZeN --> Vodaphone
Draytek 2820

Standard User Ripley
(experienced) Mon 24-Sep-18 16:54:22
Print Post

[re: ggremlin] [link to this post]

Thanks for the advice. In the end I managed to get the password by trial and error based upon what I have used in the past.

Freeserve Dial-Up --> BTopenworld --> <n>ildram -->Talk Talk LLU --> ZeN --> Vodaphone
Draytek 2820

Print Thread

Jump to