User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User iefbr14
(newbie) Tue 09-Oct-18 16:34:53
Print Post

TalkTalk adding new charges.

[link to this post]

Just in case any TT user hasn't seen this yet …………..

From November 1st the two (previously free) features "Call Divert" and "Anonymous Call Reject" will be charged at £2 per month.

If you aren't on the TT Customer forums (and stumbled across this news) you may need to check the small print on your next monthly bill. But as many of the charges on the bill are monthly in advance your next bill may be a bit bigger than you were expecting.

A free SIM for as long as you are a TT customer, call divert, anonymous reject - how many more TT "freebies" will they charged for ?
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Tue 09-Oct-18 18:22:53
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk adding new charges.

[re: iefbr14] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by iefbr14:
A free SIM for as long as you are a TT customer, call divert, anonymous reject - how many more TT "freebies" will they charged for ?

You were doing so well until you brought pure speculation into the thread. wink

Standard User iefbr14
(newbie) Wed 10-Oct-18 09:38:48
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

Oh - forgot the one about existing customers being able to have the same "deals" as new customers, that "promise" didn't last very long. You may be able to argue that through TT's loyalty department, but as a default that option appears to be no longer valid.

Chippy_Tea_ .………….

Speculation or foresight ?

Edited by iefbr14 (Wed 10-Oct-18 09:39:59)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Wed 10-Oct-18 10:44:49
Print Post

Have a TalkTalk Business phone and broadband service but use neither of those services.

All these prices increases simple make VoIP a more attractive proposition where all “value added” services are free. TalkTalk phone service for us is simply used as a failover facility in the unlikely event of VoIP going down.
(committed) Wed 10-Oct-18 16:00:39
Print Post

Oh - forgot the one about existing customers being able to have the same "deals" as new customers, that "promise" didn't last very long. You may be able to argue that through TT's loyalty department, but as a default that option appears to be no longer valid.

Chippy_Tea_ .………….

Speculation or foresight ?

You said "how many more TT "freebies" will they charge for" speculating on what you think they might chargs customers for in the future hence my speculation comment now you throw in something they have changed which is not speculation then ask me if it is Speculation or foresight. crazy

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Wed 10-Oct-18 16:03:15)

Standard User Futaura
(experienced) Wed 10-Oct-18 21:16:11
Print Post

Just in case any TT user hasn't seen this yet …………..

From November 1st the two (previously free) features "Call Divert" and "Anonymous Call Reject" will be charged at £2 per month.

If you aren't on the TT Customer forums (and stumbled across this news) you may need to check the small print on your next monthly bill. But as many of the charges on the bill are monthly in advance your next bill may be a bit bigger than you were expecting.

You make it sound like TT are sneaking this charge in... If you are subscribed to either or both of these services, you should receive an email explaining the new charges, with a button to click if you wish to remove the services. I got one a couple days ago, at least. I have ACR on my account, but switched it off some time ago, and removed it when I received the email.
Standard User iefbr14
(newbie) Wed 10-Oct-18 21:53:32
Print Post

[re: Futaura] [link to this post]

Doesn't really matter what warning or emails that TT give you - the point I am trying to make is that they are now charging for things that used to be free (with an implied impression that they would always be free).

The "free sim" was presented as free for as long as you are a TT broadband customer - so IMO a broken promise. A very significant number of people queried this (on the TT forums) when they were changing or renewing contracts and they were always, without fail, told by the forum OCE's, free as long as you are a bb customer. Well not any longer.

I was given the features package which included call divert - I never requested it and I don't remember TT asking if I wanted it - it was given as a free gift because I was a "loyal customer". So again charging for something that they presented as being "free". IMO this comes very close to charging for an "unsolicited gift" - which I understand is contrary to UK consumer law - a question I have asked of Ofcom.

My ongoing concern is that it is becoming increasingly difficult to accept TT offers at face value. It is a question of trust and credibility.

And is it any coincidence that these (and other) very unexpected charges - (reversals of previous promises) have come just after TT devloped a very sudden and unexpected blackhole in their projected revenues when the sale of their business unit fell through. a few months back.

And yes, I have switched the features off but no I never received an email.

Edited by iefbr14 (Wed 10-Oct-18 21:55:41)

(committed) Thu 11-Oct-18 16:41:55
Print Post

Doesn't really matter what warning or emails that TT give you - the point I am trying to make is that they are now charging for things that used to be free (with an implied impression that they would always be free).

If TT are struggling and need to get rid of all the free stuff that most customers don't use to keep the price lower than their competitors and still offer no download limits then that is fine by me.

Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Fri 12-Oct-18 13:01:46
Print Post

As we all know contracts can be changed at any time and anyone is free to cancel once notified.

Most companies are in the game to make as much money as possible and probably hope that many will not query their bills. Apathy is what they are looking for and unfortunately many people can't be bottomed to check what they are paying.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
  Print Thread

Jump to