User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Wed 16-Jan-19 19:00:53
Print Post

Re: Beware: Stealth £4/month charge from February

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Seems you are assuming wrong.

Seems you are right, very underhand i will be contacting them by online chat and opting out as the customer below has done so i also have a copy of transcript saved.

Confusion over £4 increase

I got the email, and thought I wasnít meant to have any increase in cost for the duration on my contract, turns out this only applies to broadband cost not tv part, thought this was a bit sneaky so contacted customer services. Then found out I could opt out but keep my current tv package. 80 channels, PVR, on demand players. So turns out all good for me but I think itís a bit underhand charging extra for services that donít apply to me and putting the onus on me to opt out. And I think saying in the email you are free to opt out of TalkTalk TV at any time suggests youíre going to lose all your tv which isnít the case. This will no doubt lead to people just sucking up the £4 increase. If anyone cares to disagree I have my customer service chat transcipt.
Standard User richi
(member) Wed 16-Jan-19 19:08:03
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chippy_Tea_:
very underhand
Understatement of the century!

3 km line on THTG: 16/1 Mb/s with TalkTalk Retail.
Previously: BT ISDN, Nildram, Plusnet, 186k, EFH, Be*, Plusnet (again), Pulse8, Sky, Plusnet Business.
Standard User burble
(member) Wed 16-Jan-19 19:09:13
Print Post

I have expressed my views of the latest CEO before on this forum, come back Dido, all is forgiven.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(committed) Wed 16-Jan-19 19:10:36
Print Post

It gets worse they are charging you for something you may use in the future they are getting desperate.

Re: £4 TV access fee - Please opt me out

Hi

I can have the Fee removed for you. This actually encompasses all TalkTalk TV Services, with the option of flexible TV Boosts, in addition to TalkTalk on demand content and on the go access via the website and Mobile App. So the Fee does cover quite a few additional TV services.

If you do want the Fee not applied to you in February, I can process this for you, just need to confirm some security details first via a PM.

Thanks

Karl.
Standard User burble
(member) Wed 16-Jan-19 20:27:13
Print Post

[re: richi] [link to this post]

I've not had any contact from TalkTalk, and I've checked my account and at present it seems I will not be charged, but who knows if they will eventually add it to my account.
(committed) Wed 16-Jan-19 20:37:24
Print Post

[re: burble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by burble:
I've not had any contact from TalkTalk, and I've checked my account and at present it seems I will not be charged, but who knows if they will eventually add it to my account.

Having read several threads in the TT community forum i would say we are all going to be hit with this stealth charge if we do not opt out.

Standard User burble
(member) Wed 16-Jan-19 21:36:51
Print Post

Well I decided to go on the forums and add my name to those wanting an opt out, but it seems since I last logged on (a long time ago) there have been some changes and it will no longer accept my 7 digit password, instead it requests a 8 digit password!
Standard User burble
(member) Wed 16-Jan-19 22:05:16
Print Post

[re: burble] [link to this post]

With this being the third price increase in the 9 months since I resigned to TalkTalk, I vote that Tristia Harrison the latest TalkTalk CEO should get the 'Michael O'Leary award'
Standard User j0hn83
(experienced) Wed 16-Jan-19 23:52:28
Print Post

[re: richi] [link to this post]

Turns out Talktalk don't even care if you still have your YouView box.

If at ANY time during the entire time you've been a Talktalk customer you have taken up their offer of a free YouView box, they have you labelled as a TV customer.
That's even if you have changed package 3 or 4 times and your account has made no mention of TV for years.

Like I said they can't detect you're using a YouView box if you aren't using any of the paid for services. They don't care, you can pay the £4 a month anyway.

When customers email/call/chat and attempt to cancel they are told

With the £4 monthly charge, youíll continue to receive access to over 80 channels, to On Demand players and the ability to add and remove extra channels when you want to.

um... you what?

I added the bold. That's all the £4 is for.

They do not mention that customers can "opt out" or remove the TV part of their package.
They imply various features on the YouView box will cease to operate which is just plain wrong.
Standard User richi
(member) Thu 17-Jan-19 09:18:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by j0hn83:
If at ANY time during the entire time you've been a Talktalk customer you have taken up their offer of a free YouView box, they have you labelled as a TV customer.
However, that doesn't describe me. I migrated to TTR in December (from Plusnet). I have never before been a customer of TTR on this or any other line.

I was once a Pulse8 customer (uses the TalkTalk Business wholesale product). My only possible connection with TalkTalk TV is the awful YV box I bought on eBay years ago.

3 km line on THTG: 16/1 Mb/s with TalkTalk Retail.
Previously: BT ISDN, Nildram, Plusnet, 186k, EFH, Be*, Plusnet (again), Pulse8, Sky, Plusnet Business.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to