User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User richi
(member) Fri 18-Jan-19 13:44:10
Print Post

Re: Beware: Stealth £4/month charge from February

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chippy_Tea_:
I can have the Fee removed for you.
Karl.
OCE_Karl would like it known that he meant he can opt you out from the fee, before it comes in in February.

I get the impression that internal communication of this change within TTR has been poor, so we should expect some inconsistent terminology.

3 km line on THTG: 16/1 Mb/s with TalkTalk Retail.
Previously: BT ISDN, Nildram, Plusnet, 186k, EFH, Be*, Plusnet (again), Pulse8, Sky, Plusnet Business.
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Fri 18-Jan-19 15:24:01
Print Post

Re: FAQ / summary

[re: richi] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by richi:
In reply to a post by iefbr14:
Are you sure about that ? The information on the TT forums seems to indicate that opting out loses access to TV boosts.
Karl has clarified. Thanks again for spotting that.

If I'd paid for TV Boost I'd be pretty cheesed off about now!

The person at TalkTalk towers who came up with this one and all that allowed it to happen haven't done the company any favours they already have a bad reputation this will just add to it and that's coming from a happy customer of more than 10 years, they really should have thought it through.
Standard User richi
(member) Fri 18-Jan-19 15:37:59
Print Post

Yeah. I bet the chain of cock-up went something like this:

Manager: Comcast wants more money next year for the Sky channels. We can't justify putting up the Boost prices, but we could charge an extra flat fee, just like everyone else does.

Marketroid: Cool, let's charge all the customers of the TalkTalk TV product £4/month. And we'll re-arrange the other prices so it's fair.

Developer: Awesome, I'll code up some business logic that does that. Let's see, how do I tell if an account is a "TV" customer? Oh, I know, check the logs to see if their box has checked in to download ISP-specific branding over the past 60 days, then populate the database column from that Boolean. Simples.

CS and OCE teams: [Nothing, because they weren't invited to the meetings]

Previously: BT ISDN, Nildram, Plusnet, 186k, EFH, Be*, Plusnet (again), Pulse8, Sky, Plusnet Business.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(committed) Fri 18-Jan-19 18:49:36
Print Post

I bet the OCE's are seething - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-TV/bd-p...

Standard User iefbr14
(learned) Sat 19-Jan-19 11:21:54
Print Post

And of course what they have also "accidentally" done is put a barrier in place for customers who opt out now but may want to add a short term "boost" in the future. And if you cancel that after just one month, do you then have to opt out of TTTV again ? Potentially more lost future income.

In the old days if you wanted a boost channel you simply added it through your "My Account". Now if you have opted out of TTTV you have to contact TalkTalk and get them to add the "TV access feature" to your account before you can then add the boost.

No problem if you can get an OCE to do that via the forums, but the forums are not real time and the OCEs don't work evenings and weekends, so you could be reliant on the overseas help desks - given the evidence of this topic - would they even understand what it was you were trying to do.

So what was a simple 1 step procedure will now become 2 steps with potential dubious TT human intervention.

So adding a boost "on impulse" - good luck with that.

EDIT - Chippy_Tea_ - typically active users of the TT community forums represent around 1% of TT's installed base - so the number of people opting out could be significantly larger that just those seen on the forums.

Edited by iefbr14 (Sat 19-Jan-19 11:29:39)

Standard User richi
(member) Sat 19-Jan-19 11:47:34
Print Post

[re: iefbr14] [link to this post]

typically active users of the TT community forums represent around 1% of TT's installed base.
I'm willing to bet the majority of users who get charged £4 next month won't be expecting it.

Those that notice it on their bills will outnumber the few asking to opt out right now! It's going to get ugly, unless TTR do a U-turn.

(committed) Sat 19-Jan-19 12:49:45
Print Post

No problem if you can get an OCE to do that via the forums, but the forums are not real time and the OCEs don't work evenings and weekends, so you could be reliant on the overseas help desks - given the evidence of this topic - would they even understand what it was you were trying to do.

If you need something doing use online chat the language barrier doesn't get in the way which is a big plus when you have a Cumbrian accent. laugh
Standard User iefbr14
(learned) Sat 19-Jan-19 17:32:48
Print Post

Chippy_Tea_

Is online chat 24x7 ?

Language isn't necessarily the problem.

You need the person on the other end of the "conversation" to understand what is going on and what it is you are requesting.

The help desks seem to have been very badly trained on the introduction of this charge, hence a lot of the current confusion.

Edited by iefbr14 (Sat 19-Jan-19 17:33:34)

Standard User richi
(member) Sat 19-Jan-19 18:08:03
Print Post

Not even the complaints escalation team in the so-called "CEO office" are giving out the right information. I've spoken to two of them now and they're contradicting each other.

(committed) Sat 19-Jan-19 20:06:41
Print Post

Chippy_Tea_

Is online chat 24x7 ?

Language isn't necessarily the problem.

You need the person on the other end of the "conversation" to understand what is going on and what it is you are requesting.

The help desks seem to have been very badly trained on the introduction of this charge, hence a lot of the current confusion.

I have used online chat a couple of times since it was introduced and have always been happy with the person i have been chatting to, when i spoke to them this time there was no argument and they didn't try to convince me i was making a mistake though they did point out what i would lose if i opted out (which for me is nothing) as has been discussed above.

Our live chat team
Our chat experts are available between 8am and 10pm, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and on hand to help you with everything such as questions about your bill or service, changing your package or to help you resolve any technical problems with your service. You can start a chat by selecting the chat now button at the bottom of the page.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to