User comments on ISPs
  >> TalkTalk Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Sat 19-Jan-19 20:10:08
Print Post

Re: FAQ / summary

[re: richi] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by richi:
Not even the complaints escalation team in the so-called "CEO office" are giving out the right information. I've spoken to two of them now and they're contradicting each other.

Use live chat and take screen shots of the relevant parts of the conversation if you are worried about the answers, it took me less than 10 minutes including going through the security checks (name, address, part password etc) much better and quicker than phone support.

Standard User richi
(member) Tue 22-Jan-19 13:43:47
Print Post

Re: Beware: Stealth £4/month charge from February

The plot thickens: At least one OCE is "clarifying" that this charge will be levied on all TTR customers, whether or not they have a YouView box! See message M259726.

3 km line on THTG: 16/1 Mb/s with TalkTalk Retail.
Previously: BT ISDN, Nildram, Plusnet, 186k, EFH, Be*, Plusnet (again), Pulse8, Sky, Plusnet Business.
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Tue 22-Jan-19 14:04:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by richi:
The plot thickens: At least one OCE is "clarifying" that this charge will be levied on all TTR customers, whether or not they have a YouView box! See message M259726.

Sounds like they haven't a clue whats going on i will be surprised if they charge customers who haven't got a box surely its illegal.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User richi
(member) Tue 22-Jan-19 14:20:31
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

That's my assumption too, but Arne was directly asked about it, and this was his clarification response. He's been working in CS for TTR since 2004, according to his profile, so he should know what he's talking about.

Previously: BT ISDN, Nildram, Plusnet, 186k, EFH, Be*, Plusnet (again), Pulse8, Sky, Plusnet Business.
Standard User ironman12345
(member) Tue 22-Jan-19 18:22:43
Print Post

If TT charges the customers that do not have a box they could be defending why , because it is not a legal action.
But why would TT take such a risk.?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 22-Jan-19 20:47:29
Print Post

[re: ironman12345] [link to this post]

Believe the forum moderator has misunderstood some of the comms going round...

"TalkTalk would like to inform you that on the
27th January TalkTalk will be changing
their TV subscription costs. From this date
TalkTalk will be applying a £4 fee to all
connected TV for new & existing customers.
Therefore to confirm it will be the
current broadband price point + £4 charge +
£7 TV Select or £12 Entertainment for
all customers except Loyalty. "

Is what we've been told and will be updating TV package pricing in listings to reflect this on 27th - assuming the change goes ahead

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User richi
(member) Wed 23-Jan-19 12:24:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
assuming the change goes ahead
LOL wink

Standard User richi
(member) Wed 23-Jan-19 12:30:05
Print Post

Hilariously, there's at least one volunteer mod on the official forum who is deleting posts that express criticism of the execution of the new plan.

Sorry, did I say deleting? I meant moving to the moderation queue. (To be clear: I don't mean a TalkTalk employee. The OCEs are generally doing an amazing job under what must be awful circumstances.)

Standard User richi
(member) Tue 29-Jan-19 17:00:21
Print Post

More platitudes received from the so-called "CEO Office" yesterday. It's interesting to see the way the boilerplate responses are evolving. One of the more recent additions is the claim that we were all given "30 days notice" (as if that makes the sneaky communication any better).

However, I was only given 19 days' notice: Letter dated Jan 15, arrived Jan 16, charge begins Feb 4.

Standard User ironman12345
(member) Tue 29-Jan-19 20:43:17
Print Post

One thing that TT seem to have forgotten , is that a lot of clients [customers] will leave them and a lot will not even join.?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to