General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 26-Sep-11 21:02:22
Print Post

Re: BSOD: Please Reply

[re: lukeylad118] [link to this post]

You could perhaps use Networx while you wait for the fix. Ignore the $895 VOIP/QoS stuff on that page, just scroll downpast it to the networx stuff itself.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 27-Sep-11 09:07:42
Print Post

[re: lukeylad118] [link to this post]

The BSOD is due to the packet sniffing product used.
There is a solution that requires integrating with a different sniffer tool.

Solution is to switch the meter back to its old mode of operation, i.e. Disable TCP/UDP monitoring.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User LEEEVANS69
(learned) Mon 13-May-13 10:08:02
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Sorry to bump this old post but i have the same problem with pssdklbf.sys how do i disable TCP/UDP monitoring?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 13-May-13 10:35:50
Print Post

[re: LEEEVANS69] [link to this post]

In the tbbMeter menu Under the Types of Traffic to display, select Disable TCP/UDP monitoring.

After a couple of seconds then back out at the main menu the Network Connections menu should be enabled and you can double check the software is monitoring the right network interface.

Oddly my development can run for months with out the blue screen, and then have two or three in a couple of days. On that machine it is linked to the number of devices connected via USB.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User LEEEVANS69
(learned) Mon 13-May-13 10:37:48
Print Post

That's great, thanks
Standard User PiKe
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Jul-16 09:13:06
Print Post

Had this happen yesterday around 5pm which took down a SBS 2011 server whilst it restarted.

If I select disable TCP/UDP monitoring doesn't that just stop traffic capture entirely? The application no longer updates the graph anymore...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 27-Jul-16 09:48:04
Print Post

[re: PiKe] [link to this post]

When the packet sniffing is turned off you are down to monitoring the network interface via performance counters and you need to ensure the correct NIC is being monitored by the software.

Standard User PiKe
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Jul-16 11:33:31
Print Post

Thanks, the only issue with that is that it will count local network traffic too?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 27-Jul-16 11:54:08
Print Post

[re: PiKe] [link to this post]

Correct.

The cost to get hold of a toolkit that reliably does the split and also works on Windows 10 is far too expensive, plus would need an extensive rewrite of the software.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to