General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ctb30096
(newbie) Thu 03-Feb-11 14:34:07
Print Post

tbbMeter 0.9.7.9 - Network Connections

[link to this post]

Hi, my tbbMeter was upgraded to 0.9.7.9 this morning and I have a question about the Network Connections setup page, or more precisely the disabling of it.

On my laptop (used at home and at work), I had previously specified via the Network Connections that I wanted to monitor usage via the Intel WiFi adapter only, and to ignore usage via the Broadcom Ethernet device.

This all worked fine. So my WiFi usage at home was monitored, but my Ethernet usage when connected at work was not.

Today at work, following the update, according to the Stats info tbbMeter is now monitoring my internet usage. I don't want this, but am unable to access the Network Connections settings page as that menu item is now disabled.

Have I missed a new setting? Is there anything I can do about this?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 03-Feb-11 14:45:12
Print Post

Re: tbbMeter 0.9.7.9 - Network Connections

[re: ctb30096] [link to this post]

With the new (was new back in 2010) lan/wan we can see the IP traffic without needing you to pick the interfaces.

You can disable this mode under Types of Traffic to Display - Disable TCP/UDP Monitoring.which will re-enable the Network Connections window. The downside being there will be no differentiation between LAN and WAN traffic, but that may not be an issue for you.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ctb30096
(newbie) Thu 03-Feb-11 15:00:32
Print Post

Re: tbbMeter 0.9.7.9 - Network Connections

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

That was an impressive response time!

Thanks very much for the advice, I had noticed the "Disable TCP/UDP Monitoring" but I didn't know what effect it would actually have.

Yes, I suspect I care little about the differentiation between LAN and WAN traffic.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to