General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User matt380
(newbie) Mon 07-Feb-11 10:20:16
Print Post

How to link monitors?

[link to this post]

Good morning and apologies if this - my first post - is a standard "Newbie" question:

Having been informed by BT that I had exceeded my monthly allocation of GB's I downloaded the TBB monitor to my PC assuming it would monitor all internet traffic. I now know I am wrong as it doesnt pick up wifi usage! Having now installed the monitor to my Daughters laptop, can her monitor "talk" to mine and be reported seperatley showing mine and her usage as seperate allocations?

Hope this is clear as I am not at all computer savvy.

Thanks in advance
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 07-Feb-11 10:31:23
Print Post

Re: How to link monitors?

[re: matt380] [link to this post]

Assuming you have taken the upgrade that is available, the tbbmeter should see all internet traffic on each computer. The version in the installer is a bit old now (John has newer to go on site), and that might not see some network cards.

To combine the traffic, this is uploaded to our server and you can see the combined results on www.thinkbroadband.com in the My Profile section.

You need to register each copy of the tbbmeter application, will ask for your www.thinkbroadband.com username and password (the password is used to verify the username) so we can link it in the database.

The uploading is not done in real time, it can take up to 30 hours, sometimes it is faster (i.e. random to avoid the whole world uploading at once)

We are planning later in the year to allow tbbmeter's on the same LAN to talk to each other and share usage data. Technically not that hard, but getting it to work with all the firewall products may be fun.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to