General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pgerrish
(member) Sun 20-Feb-11 18:22:55
Print Post

tbbMeter half speed of taskmanager for internal traffic

[link to this post]

A Win7PC (with KAV) with hard wired ADSLwireless/router running tbbMeter 0.9.84 (options show KAV detected) and is connected via the wireless router to VistaPC. When tbbMeter is set to measure internet traffic only (TCP/UDP) shows appropriate correct download speeds about 6Mbps. The problem is with measuring local only traffic speed

If I set tbbMeter to Just Local Traffic (TCP/UDP) and do a 100MB file transfer from either way between Win7PC and VistaPC then Networking in task manager (on Win7PC) shows c 24% of 100Mbps connection i.e. 24Mbps but tbbMeter levers out and shows 11Mbs. This is repeatable and consistent; it looks as though tbbMeter is showing 50% of the task manager which believe is probably the correct one wireless G fairly close and file transfer is competed fairly quickly. Is this a KAV issue but working in the wrong direction i.e. halving the speed?

Image of both together after transfer complete is here

Paul
Sheffield UK
-------------------------------
Zen 8000 Active + Linksys WAG200G
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 21-Feb-11 10:32:36
Print Post

Re: tbbMeter half speed of taskmanager for internal traffic

[re: pgerrish] [link to this post]

The kav detection halfs the speed.

Appears need to be more clever with Kav and only halve the internet related traffic, not LAN traffic.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User pgerrish
(member) Mon 21-Feb-11 15:18:28
Print Post

Re: tbbMeter half speed of taskmanager for internal traffic

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for clarification.

Paul
Sheffield UK
-------------------------------
Zen 8000 Active + Linksys WAG200G

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to