General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 25-Feb-11 10:50:09
Print Post

tbbMeter Version 0.9.8.5

[link to this post]

CHANGES
-------------

1. Tweaks where some buttons were appearing as black on black if Windows XP Classic Theme was used
2. Registration and upgrade prompt windows now have resizeable borders to cope with occassional user who appears to have odd fonts
3. A double entry in ISPA testing ISP list removed, this caused no database issues, just a GUI tidy up.
4. Logging that was once every second removed - so quieter HDD for laptop users
5. With Kaspersky the LAN traffic is NOT halved any more.
6. TCP/UDP stack monitoring has been improved, it may reduce instance of blue screens, and hopefully reduce CPU processing.
7. Believe a bug that may have resulted in constant repaints by the app making it appear to be hang has been found and fixed.

ONGOING
------------

Researching into Kaspersky and how to configure it so that it does not affect tbbmeter so heavily. As yet have not had Kaspersky installed on a machine in a state that I would could stable - this is without tbbmeter installed.

tbbmeter usually runs fine with
Norton
Microsoft Security Essentials
F-Secure
AVG
on my various test computers.

If users of any Firewall/AV package get prompts about tbbMeter or tbbLoaderService everytime they boot, then they need to set these two executables to be trusted. You can verify the identity of the executables, as they are signed by us, and have always been signed since their original release in 2008.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User camieabz
(legend) Fri 25-Feb-11 11:21:02
Print Post

Re: tbbMeter Version 0.9.8.5

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I am happy to assist with Kaspersky testing if necessary, but will need a little notice if you want intensive version changing and/or TBB dedicated time (as opposed to normal day-to-day time). Best time for my connection seems to be late on these days.

Vista x64 SP2, KIS 2011

Currently using 0.9.5.3

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011 - All rights and lefts reserved.

report this link
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 25-Feb-11 11:29:21
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

Kaspersky stuff just means me sat at a computer, installing/uninstalling using computer etc

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User granum
(newbie) Fri 25-Feb-11 11:47:33
Print Post

Sorry being a bit think here, can't see a link to the download in your post and the main tbbmeter download page is still reporting the old version
Administrator john
(founder) Fri 25-Feb-11 11:54:04
Print Post

[re: granum] [link to this post]

Click check for update from within the tbbMeter menu.

john

John Hunt
Co-Founder,
thinkbroadband.com
john@thinkbroadband.com
Administrator john
(founder) Fri 25-Feb-11 11:55:49
Print Post

Hmm.. mine seems semi broke. Clicking or right clicking on the icon in the systray doesn't work. but the icon is still updating with hover text and showing up and download traffic green/red bars...

LAN/WAN is disabled. 0.9.8.5

john

John Hunt
Co-Founder,
thinkbroadband.com
john@thinkbroadband.com
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 25-Feb-11 12:06:47
Print Post

[re: john] [link to this post]

Hover text requires my code to be running, so suggests something else is odd.

The old style network connection used to stall now and then, depending on what was happening in the background with regards to network interface noticcations about IP address change etc

Standard User granum
(newbie) Fri 25-Feb-11 13:40:34
Print Post

Upgrade was offered after a reboot to get tbbmeter running again, ta for that.

My icon in the task bar seems to respond ok, hovering shows me speeds and right clicking shows the whole menu.

Currently running with TCp/UDP disabled but the ethernet connection selected for the graph. Let's see how long it runs.

A quick (20MB) test showed me 26Mbps down with KIS 2011 still running but with Application Control disabled
Administrator john
(founder) Fri 25-Feb-11 19:31:07
Print Post

Yeah. It is peculiar. It won't terminate if you try from taskmgr even though the stats and icon seem to be updating. Kaspersky has some strange-ness going on there!

john

John Hunt
Co-Founder,
thinkbroadband.com
john@thinkbroadband.com
Standard User paul1360
(regular) Sun 27-Feb-11 09:02:57
Print Post

Hi Mr S,
I've got a sable win 7 PC with SP1 and also running KIS 11.0.2.556 (abcd) and am also running TBB meter Ver 0.9.8.5 and am not having any problems
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to