General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User djh22
(experienced) Wed 02-Mar-11 18:56:07
Print Post

Tbb meter not matching other monitors

[link to this post]

Tbb meter daily usage stats do not match the BT online monitor or others on my Laptop.
The Hub stats and Networx matches the BT monitor but tbb meter reports a much lower daily usage figure. Have I set it up correctly ?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 02-Mar-11 20:05:57
Print Post

Re: Tbb meter not matching other monitors

[re: djh22] [link to this post]

Impossible to say based on the information in the post.

You can verify how accurate tbbmeter is running by downloading a test file inside tbbmeter, and seeing whether the totals increase by the amount, e.g. if you download a 50MB file then the ammounts should increase by 50MB after download finishes

What other monitors are you using on your laptop?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User djh22
(experienced) Wed 02-Mar-11 20:21:36
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply Andrew,
The other monitors I'm using are The stats off the HomeHub,Networx and Bandwidth monitor.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 02-Mar-11 20:23:15
Print Post

And what do we report in terms of changes to daily usage if you download a 50MB file, and what do the others report.

It is possible by running network, bandwidth monitor and tbbmeter at the same time you have some odd interaction

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User djh22
(experienced) Wed 02-Mar-11 20:35:45
Print Post

On downloading the 50mg file the tbb meter reports a change of 52.42 mg ,Networx and the hub was accurate at 50mg, bandwidth monitor was nearly 5mg more than tbb meter.

As you say there could be a bit of conflict going on somewhere I 'spose.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 02-Mar-11 20:45:40
Print Post

What version of tbbmeter are you running and in what mode?

Am guess it is either 0.9.5.3 or you have the TCP/UDP system disabled. We use K as 1000 some may use it as 1024, which explains the lower figure. Better to be slightly more generally.

Standard User djh22
(experienced) Wed 02-Mar-11 21:01:47
Print Post

I'm using tbb meter V 0.9.8.5 in All internet traffic ( Tcp/udp) mode on Win7 Home.
But yes I think you're right ,the others do use 1024 as do I on my spreadsheets, so I guess that explains it.

Hang on , just had a thought - I originally downloaded the older version,then it detected a newer version which I downloaded without removing the first instal which could also be causing a prob. when reading the card.

Cheers
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 02-Mar-11 21:10:14
Print Post

"Hang on , just had a thought - I originally downloaded the older version,then it detected a newer version which I downloaded without removing the first instal which could also be causing a prob. when reading the card."

And the software upgraded itself, so that will not be the cause of the problem.

Standard User djh22
(experienced) Wed 02-Mar-11 21:25:46
Print Post

Yea it would have wouldn't it , I just seem to have several in different folders plus loaders.
Standard User djh22
(experienced) Thu 03-Mar-11 14:28:36
Print Post

I've now uninstalled V 0.9.8.5 and removed every trace of it from my hard drive then restarted my laptop. Then I downloaded and installed V 0.9.8.4 and strangely it balances with the Home Hub usage stats, well with a few kb anyway.
Don't know why 'cos I guess the newer version is basically the old version anyway.

Del.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to