General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User fuzzylogic
(newbie) Fri 04-Mar-11 10:36:33
Print Post

incorrect usage figures

[link to this post]

I just installed v0.9.8.5 and im seeing some strange results..

If I run a download test using the program, the usage stats record exactly as expected i.e. a 10MB download will show up as 10MB. If however I download a file from my web page, the download rate shows up as double and the usage is also double i.e. I get 40mbps and 80MB usage shown for a 20mbps connection and 40MB file size...

BTW - I am using Avast antivirus

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 04-Mar-11 10:57:40
Print Post

Re: incorrect usage figures

[re: fuzzylogic] [link to this post]

When you say the usage stats record the exact 10MB, do you mean the little pop-up after 10MB file has downloaded?
What does the graph show, i.e. does it show it arriving at 40Mbps or 20Mbps?

There are issues with Kaspersky that would generate double speeds, but first time seen when Avast AV is being used.

Can you try switching off the LAN/WAN mode, by disabling TCP/UDP traffic. This will then only monitor the network card interfaces, and should mean interactions with AV software are less, and usually less problems.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User fuzzylogic
(newbie) Fri 04-Mar-11 11:33:03
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

If I run the test download on say the 10MB (small) download, I get an average download speed of approx 16Mbps which is about right I'd say... I have a 20Mb connection with VM and I usually get between 16 - 19Mbps. The graph / data figures in the stats section will show a 10MB download in this case.

The download speed and stats usage appear to be double for all other traffic currently i.e. usenet, web browsing and general downloading from my VM web page.

I will try the LAN / WAN disabled and let you know.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 04-Mar-11 11:36:32
Print Post

[re: fuzzylogic] [link to this post]

That is weird as we track the graph for our own downloads in exactly the same way as other downloads.

The numbers in the popup saying 16Mbps etc are based on an actual timed download, i.e. seperate recording system.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User fuzzylogic
(newbie) Fri 04-Mar-11 11:38:50
Print Post

Ok - so turning off the TCP/UDP appears at first sight to have corrected the problem.. I will keep a close eye on it and let you know if the problem re-appears

Thanks
Standard User cecil9
(newbie) Thu 12-May-11 17:44:50
Print Post

The fix to scan to determine whether Kaspersky is present seems totally useless. It seems to work once or twice and then the option box defaults to not scanning for Kaspersky. Surely if the default option was to scan for Kasperky every one would be happy
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 23-May-11 08:50:56
Print Post

[re: cecil9] [link to this post]

Have ran in various modes and found that sometimes KAV does not interfere with the traffic at all.

Print Thread

Jump to