General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User guyrjohnson
(newbie) Thu 10-Mar-11 23:53:29
Print Post

Download test is very slow

[link to this post]

I've tried a number of 10-20MB download tests at various times today (early afternoon and late evening) and they were consistently reporting my download speed as 1.5Mb/s whereas off peak I would expect nearer 7Mb/s. I was about to query this with my ISP but then thought I would try a download from my browser and your meter was showing download speed of 6.5 - 7Mb/s exactly what I would expect.
So it looks like your download test is on the go slow
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 11-Mar-11 00:01:15
Print Post

Re: Download test is very slow

[re: guyrjohnson] [link to this post]

Just checked and getting line speed of 5Meg on my PC here for a 10MB test file in tbbMeter.

Was the download via the browser from one of our test files, or another site. Since the internet is not stored in the same location, different sites can show different speeds due to their location.

When downloading test files, is the green part of the graph roughly agreeing with what is reported in the system tray notification balloon popup

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User guyrjohnson
(newbie) Fri 11-Mar-11 01:21:08
Print Post

Re: Download test is very slow

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The browser download was from another site (an eclipse java ide).
Just tried it again with a test file via the meter and it is reading 1.8Mb/s, that's consistent across all the displays in the meter.
It just seems from what I'm seeing is that the limiting factor is the tbb site rather than my connection, although you're getting 5Mb so dunno !!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to