General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 28-Mar-11 18:51:12
Print Post

KIS - graph v test is 0.5 or x2 even when KAV detected

[link to this post]

tBBMeter v0.9.8.5 Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium KIS 2011

I'm not sure of the KAV/KIS fix is working quite correctly. KAV has been detected and appropriate check box is ticked in options however.
1. on speed test using the online version of speed tester from tbb the actual display speed on the graph of tbbMtere is half (about 3.5) what is expected.Screen Shot Here
2. However if a tbbMeter (KAV still dteced and ticked) test is run using e.g. 20MB file the graph does show correctly (see taskmanager for comparison) and the measured read out in the notification area is correct.Second Screenshot
3. If I close down tbbMeter (but do not reboot) then restart tbbMeter then it has remembered not to check but has not remembered that KAV is present (tick box is now unchecked). In this situation a 20MB test file shows double the correct download (about 14) on the graph BUT the correct figure again in the notification area screen shot 3.

It seems as though it is the graph display that is out of sequence (displaying half what it should or double what it should ) even though tbbMeter appears to be measuring it correctly). Am I missing soemthing

thanks

Paul
Standard User pgerrish
(member) Mon 28-Mar-11 18:53:26
Print Post

Re: KIS - graph v test is 0.5 or x2 even when KAV detected

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Sorry got posted as anonymous in error as was not logged in

Paul
Sheffield UK
-------------------------------
Zen 8000 Active + Linksys WAG200G
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 29-Mar-11 08:36:04
Print Post

Re: KIS - graph v test is 0.5 or x2 even when KAV detected

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

KAV is varying what its doing to some extent, and thus need to remove and rewrite the code that handles the doubling of traffic.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to