General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 06-Apr-11 11:19:04
Print Post

Error 1609 on tbbmeter version v0.9.8.4

[link to this post]

The problem with tbbmeter on non-english windows machines is apparently back. Install failed on a spanish machine with 1609.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 07-Apr-11 10:01:29
Print Post

Re: Error 1609 on tbbmeter version v0.9.8.4

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Have I not made this bug report clear? When a user with a Spanish language machine attempts to install v0.9.8.4 he gets "Error 1609. An error occurred while applying security settings. Users is not a valid user or group. The could be a problem with the package, or a problem with connecting to the domain controller on the network. Check your network connection. Click retry or cancel."

This bug was reported on this forum here: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/tbbmeter/3575744-tb... on 17 Feb 09 - version not clear - and responded to by Andrew Ferguson with a new version.

It appears that the bug has reappeared in this latest version of tbbmeter. Any chance of a fix?

Thank you.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 07-Apr-11 11:35:07
Print Post

Fix needs to be to make international versions of tbbmeter installer. Issue is because in the installer we are setting permissions so that the application has permissions to write to its own folder, which on newer windows apps' dont have by default.

Simpler solution is if I document and make available the files for a manual install, which is pretty simple actually.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 08-Apr-11 16:21:46
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Well that would be great. Thanks.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 08-Apr-11 16:23:10
Print Post

In fact, an entry in the FAQ?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 08-Apr-11 17:37:18
Print Post

On my todo list for the weekend

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 07-May-11 12:10:28
Print Post

Did you ever get this done? I can't find it in the FAQ's. I still have a need to install it on a spanish machine.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 12-May-11 17:39:58
Print Post

Is that a no then?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 12-May-11 17:43:36
Print Post

Have you tried NetWorx ?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User DTJ2013
(newbie) Thu 27-Jun-13 14:54:49
Print Post

Error 1609: received during installation.

If you receive the following message during installation, you should perform the steps listed in the solution below.

"Error 1609. An error occurred while applying security settings. User is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click Retry, or Cancel to end the install."

You may also receive error 1332, which reads as follows: "Unable to locate the user's SID, system error 1332".

Typically, the 1609 error only occurs on Windows operating systems that use non-U.S. English as a language. If you are using the Windows Vista (XP) operating system, ensure that User Account Control (UAC) is turned off and then perform the following steps:

1. Create a new user called CREATOR OWNER (See below).
2. Create a new group called Users (See below).

To accomplish these first two steps, follow the instructions below:

Select Run from the Windows Start menu.
Type cmd in the Open text box, press ENTER to start the command interpreter interface, and type net localgroup Users /add and then net user "CREATOR OWNER" /add.

3. Click retry in the dialog box to allow the installation to continue, or restart the installation if it has been canceled.

Note:The created user and group do not need any permissions applied to them. The installer applies permissions correctly by using the SID for the CREATOR OWNER user and for the Users group. Once the installer is completed, you can remove the user and group.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to